[Suggestion] Can we focus on some of the -actual- issues this game has?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BluescalesNZ, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Actually it is very worth it.
    • Up x 1
  2. customer548

As a 3 years old player, i'd like to see new content. More than 1 or 2 random new weapons i may use 5 minutes per week. (sorry for the staff who worked on those items, no offense.)
    I'd like to see new faction weapons, faction vehicules, or at least new tools or equipments for my favorite class. And possibly anything to do with ressources like collecting ressources. Making bases captures a bit more technical would be nice too. (I didn't play to PS1 but the "virus" concept seemed to be great.)

We are still waiting for any deadline for the new Ant vehicule and other things Devs talked about a month ago.

I don't care about "wtf 0.75 Ads" or "locking more stuff should be an endgame" debates. Continent lock is already a pain for people who cannot play on their favorite map when they want to.
    Please stop wanting things to be locked, nerfed, balanced to death.
    There are many things of more interest to do with this game.
    • Up x 1
  3. cbplayer

SPACE BATTLES
    SPAAAAACE BATTLES
    Sense this game basically a better starwars battlefront than the actual starwars battlefront. do sci-fi space battles, or floating city battles, or whatnot.
  4. Atorum

My God, you are unintelligent, I guess you definition of balance is "has gun, can shoot, rest is irrelevant" because that way of thinking has led to the great state this game is in now, Vanuside2.
    Let me guess, you think that Mossie and Scythe are actually equal despite the fact that Scythe has better nose gun (damage, muzzle velocity) and much smaller frontal frame that is perfect for dogfights.

You play Vanu now and see nothing wrong with the game?
  5. dedaF

+1 OP. Way more important issues than weapon balancing that isn't really needed.

I never understood the picture people paint with weapon balancing in Planetside 2. It's like the weapons that "need" tuning are completely and utterly broke and it is unacceptable that they ever made it past internal testing in their current states. Even since early beta when I started I was pleasantly surprised with this game's weapon tuning. That being said though, moving away from .75 ADS modifiers is probably for the best given the game's lag compensation. Still, it's a trash can tier musician who blames the instrument.

See above post for words like Vanuside2. This is a prime example of a trash can tier musician.
  6. Obscura

Have you considered that planetside 2 isn't like every other FPS you've played before? This isn't counter strike, this isn't quake or UT, this isn't TF2. Those games base their balance on the guns because they are ARENA FPS's and the guns have to be very similar otherwise the competitive aspect of those games becomes soured. Even then if you've ever played CS 1.6(most popular competitive FPS in history) you'd know that even those guns had slight differences too.

MAYBE if this game had been on track from the beginning and it's vision for the possible MLG partnership was achieved and battle islands were released for competitive play then we could be complaining about less important details like gun stats.
  7. BluescalesNZ

I stand corrected, good sir. My apologies for that massive oversight. Still, I feel my point about the constant whining about weapons stats stands.
    • Up x 1
  8. Takara

Then leave...the game isn't for you. Coming to a game who's very idea was based on asymmetrical balance and then asking it to change because YOU don't like it is about the most arrogant and selfish thing there is.
  9. zaspacer

Tweaking gun stats is a very easy change to make it game. Literally just a Designer changing values in an already built Dev tool.

In contrast, most the big changes people want require a Programmer and extensive Design and often Art hours. Unless the Designers are just super slow on their tweaks (in which case you need to put different Designers in charge of that), this is an Apples and Oranges issue.

Also, thanks to the Road Map (which was a good thing when it existed, RIP), the Designers have pages and pages of feedback on how to address many issues. They just need to get the Programmer and Art time to do them.

But the real thing you should ask yourself, is whether the Projects in the "In Development" section are the ones you really want them to be working on most. Because that is where their current Design/Art/Programming budget it going:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?forums/in-development.99/

And we should all be making noise to get the Devs to reinstate the Road Map section. And then give us the ability to vote in Projects to the Road Map.

And on the issue of unbalanced Weapons/Units. It was terrible when they did it to sell new items. And it's been terrible when it's been allowed to run rampant for months/years. Empire Specific traits are neat (and fine), but very few competition desiring players want to see entire basic/core battlefield resources missing from a Faction... which they are.
    • Up x 1
  10. Naphemil

lol, I love seeing the fool who constantly whines about his faction being bad yet always finds the time (while playing his faction TR/NC) to say that the vanu faction is better. It just cracks me up when I see a vanu expert that only plays TR or NC.... crazy. Main VS then we'll talk.

ohh and numbers do have an effect on fights (just so you know)
  11. Jubikus

[IMG]
  12. Movoza

Calm down. I think it was clear that I still want balance. Asymmetrical balance however does give one side a stronger X, but has a weaker Y to compensate. Although there is an aim at asymmetrical balance in this game, it can hardly be called asymmetrical. ESF? All handle nearly the same in flight from asymmetrical standpoint. They also have a machine gun like nose cannons and a bersion of the rocket pods. They are equal but sidegrades. Most weapons handle the same too. No different types of damage, no radically different shooting modes. Asymmetrical balance is closest with the heavy special weapons. Radically different and supposed to balance through exploiting the strength of each.

The example I used is true asymmetrical balance. Small weak stealth tank with hard hitting gun vs large 2 barrel ton of health, constant regenerating 2 rocket pods tank? Due to cost, playstyle, availability, range, speed, size and a lot more there is a close balance. Played UT III? The walker and goliath fulfil the same role, but in radically different ways. Movement, size, weapons... Nearly everything is different except their focus on AV and added AI benefits. That is what should be focused on.

On a different note, unintelligent people are more focused on their own opinion and disregard factual arguments in both their own and other arguments. They are also quick to personal attacks. Please refrain from it in the future.
  13. IronMouse

.75 IS on of the issues with the game.
  14. sebastian oscar post

ok guys lets say a pledge to thumbs down any cod kids who are whining!
    now if you would excuse me i've got some whiner hunting to do.
  15. Obscura

and may their tears be salty lol
  16. Scorpion97

You can say that to Ironmouse
  17. Taemien

I agree with you that people need to at ease the b***ing. But why stop there?

What important things do you honestly expect from Planetside 2? Its a three year old game. A three year old game without any major expansions. A three year old expansionless game with a dev team cut to a skeleton crew... barely able to introduce stuff that has already been developed and not yet implemented (the files of the 'new' ES secondaries were on your computer for nearly a year, SOE made them, not Daybreak).

No.. this is what needs to happen.

Play the game, or not. That simple.

Understand that the meta of the game is what it is. It won't change. Understand that major changes won't be happening. Nothing substantial will be added. Understand that this game is what it is. Make a decision if that is good enough for you to keep playing.. or not.

If its fun. Play till you get bored.

If you're done.. you're done. Call it a day and head for greener pastures.

The arguments, the discussions, and suggestions are just meaningless at this point. The game is three years old and ran its course. This doesn't mean the game is dead. Its just going the way of Super Mario Bros. Great game. Hasn't changed in 30 years though (little tough to do on a cartridge admittedly). But still fun. Nothing wrong with that.

But it is time that we put away the arguments and prattle and just make a choice. Play or not play. And then move the discussions to how we are playing. Not how a game is not going to be developed further.

Sure.. we'll see ANTs, and maybe even a new NS tank. But those assets were made a while ago, and serve really to just keep the lights on and fund the other projects. When a dev team is cut by 80%, including its lead director.. well that should send a message.

Look at it this way. There's not even a Producer for Planetside 2. They have a new lead director, but no producer. Even Everquest has one of those. And ironically, its still be developed on in a meaningful way. PS2 not so much.
    • Up x 1
  18. sebastian oscar post

lol!