[Suggestion] Can we bring back missing weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Apr 8, 2024.

1. TRspy007

I used to have an account with the auraxium slasher I got from an old directive. I lost the credentials to that account and was never able to get the aurax slasher again since the directive was changed. It was my favorite knife, I'd love to see them bring it back in the form of a directive or at least available for purchase.

Same for many of the rare weps like the platinum commissioner, the recruiter mbt HEAT variants, the NS-TMC-01 "His Regards", etc..

There's so many weapons and cosmetics that were available that I think should be brought back, either in the same or a modified version of the directive they were released with, or just straight up available for purchase. Maybe we could make a list of the stuff we'd like to see brought back, since they're already in the system I don't think it would be too hard to do?

Especially since most of the things are so old many of the accounts were lost or the players simply just quit. They've become so rare to see on the battlefield that I can't even remember them all. I think it would help add some variety and players would be glad if they were made accessible again.
    • Up x 1
  2. ganthercage

Looks nice
  3. T.A.94

This sucks and I feel with you. Sadly the ARX Slasher was only optainable during an Halloween event back in 2014 and therefor most likely never return.

The platinum commissioner became available all year around to purchase via DBC.
    The NS-TMC-01 was a obtainable by singing up to the 'TheMittani' forums and claiming a free code. It seems this Forum does not exist anymore.

The Recreuitment items have some legal shenanigans behind them. T
    hat is why DBG can't sell them, since they are technically still owned by sony.
    Especially because they got marketed as exclusive or something along that line.
    On the planetside2 wiki you can actually see all rewards that where obtainable:
    https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Recruit_Rewards

One of the weapons that could/should come back is the platinum Underboss. As far as I remember it only was obtainable once in a platinum bundle togehter with the platin NS-15M and NS-11C after the recruitmentprogram was abandoned.
    • Up x 1