Can Vanu on Briggs please explain the strange Sundy convoys?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NovaAustralis, Oct 7, 2013.

1. NovaAustralis

Ok Vanu, what's the deal? o_O

I've seen a [VFD] Sundy convoy (approx. 4 vehicles) parked north of Howling Pass (when NC owned it) in the middle of nowhere, doing who knows what. Why? o_O

I've seen a [TROL] and mixed Sundy convoy going back and forth between the Crown and Palisade. Not capping or stopping much. Why? o_O

You aren't capping stuff... You just seem to roll around attacking whatever and fending off the air that tries to interfere with whatever it is you are doing.

Is this some new tactic?
    Or a new challenge?
    o_O

Is there some way NC and TR can join in? ;)
  2. Killuminati C

TR on Connery do this pretty frequently so it's not a new tactic.

They find the high ground (usually somewhere near our warpgate) and set up shop with strikers and max units shooting down our air and taking pot shots at our tanks even if their front lines are nowhere near our WG and it's mostly benefiting the VS. I'm not sure if they do it to the VS as well though.

It's just some people farming certs and giving up on advancing their frontlines. Aside from denying some air resources they're harmless and generally we just ignore them and they go away. Or if a few people get irritated enough they pull a couple of libs and wipe them out.
  3. Owleyes

NC can hit Sundies around corners, so it pays off to have back up AMS.
  4. Afifikas

Dear NC,

Picture explains it all.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Spartan101

Your obviously not familiar with the +8 Rebel Scum sundies that roam the map with dual Basilisks, shooting everything.
    My outfit has come across them twice, once we destroyed them with harassers and mossies not far from the TR warpgate i believe.

The second time i saw them, they were traveling along the south road that runs past Skydock. I was fighting at Skydock for a while, with view of the road and as we moved forward we met them and it looked like them came from the VS warpgate which was quite interesting.
  6. Ryme

Some outfits do it just for fun. They have "races" with Sundies, Flashes, and sometimes Galaxies. Just people wasting value resources to goof off.
  7. HadesR

Without a Metagame people create their own.
    • Up x 4
  8. NovaAustralis

So is this a 'thing' now?
    Are factions making up Gunderer convoys and driving deep into enemy lines to cause havoc?

I mean, it's fun and is a valid tactic, but why now?
    This could have been done since day dot.
    Is it the lack of a meta-game?
  9. Afifikas

To be fair, I once tagged along a DLGN squad lead by Boots consisting of 1 Prowler, 1 stock Lightning, 1 ammo Sundy, 1 Skyguard and 1 Mossie from Indar SW TR Warpgate to TR Quartz Ridge to NC Indar Comm Array to NC Seabed Listening Post to NC Ceres Hydrophonics to NC Palisade to NC Crimson Bluff to NC Rust Mesa to NC Rashnu Caverns. Survived all the way there too.

Why? Stealth TR tank column assaulting a hex with no TR lattice link, helping out the NC taking out the VS.

Tactical Superiority.
  10. Dingus148

You expect logic from the Drunken Legion? I think this is more a case of Tanktical Insobriety
    • Up x 2
  11. PapaPetro

• Up x 3
  12. TheFullCologne

13. JarinArenos

Not like those "value" resources are being taken from their side or anything. Personal resources are personal. If they're not TKing, they're not hurting anyone.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheFullCologne

• Up x 1
  15. Ryme

Yes, it's a thing.
    • Up x 1
  16. TheFullCologne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7joXv6t-po

go to 2.57, after taking out a few of your harassers, you came back with 7 or 9000 (too many to count)
    and owned us :D
  17. Spartan101

hmmm.... I'm not familiar with that part. i was talking about the time when TR owned the North WG of Indar. BoTM was just moving out after coming from another continent. Although i may just be blind and not seeing the vid properly, still at work and using my mobile :). ( I believe there was also something on reddit about it)
    Anyway, good vid (from what i could see on my small mobile screen) nonetheless.
  18. FIN Faravid

When we get ANTs, they can actually do something useful.
  19. ST4LK3R

We were trying to reclaim the BFR to the north of Howling Pass but someone forgot the keys. Actually we started from warpgate to defend Rashnu and Rashnu Tower. Then we drove to Palisade and took it. After we took the Crown, someone said Howling Pass.

We did gal crash to the Crown, flash races, outfit vs outfit fights and putting AA squads near TR/NC warpgates when we were bored in the past. Yes, this is the new thing everyone's doing.
    • Up x 2
  20. HooWoo

o_O I o_O Don'to_O have ;) a o_O clue o_O why o_O;)
    • Up x 1