Can this game run on my computer...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by rman579, Nov 20, 2012.

1. rman579

Right now I have a quad processor with a solid state drive but my video card is lacking, right now I have a geforce gtx 460, basically I want to know if this game will be able to run on even medium on my computer I will post my information if needed. If I do need more power do you think putting my other GeForce gtx 460 into this computer would help?
  2. direwind

a quad core cpu..

thats like saying my car has four wheels, will it win a race?
    only my car is a larder and the other guy is running a bugatti veyron.

well, since i dont know what your cpu is i will guess it by the age of your gpu, i assume the cpu is a q6600, if the cpu is overclocked and you run at low to mid settings with a render quality of say 60% maybe 70% you should get good frame rate

if you have two gtx 460... SLI them, no reason not to. this game supports sli and it will give you more fps
  3. rman579

Well here is my cpu.
    Intel core 2 quad CPU q6700 at 2.66 GHz 3.00GHz

I also have 4GB of ram

and a 64-bit operating system
  4. direwind

with tweaking of the settings, you should get around 20 to 40 fps maybe more, but very playable.
  5. rman579

Okay would you recommend putting my other 460 in? I know I should probably have that in already but it causes some heat issues, but if I do how big of a performance boost would I have?
  6. direwind

i would say, with that cpu, accounting for bottleneck and load. youd get 25% to 30% scaling which should give you atleast 10 fps more in most situations, maybe alittle more.

keep an eye on temps tho.
  7. rman579

Okay, thanks for all the help, but the heat might be less of a problem now since it is getting colder outside, probably going to open the window a crack when I play this. Overall this has been a wake up call to me, after almost three years now I realize it is time to upgrade my video card. Do you have any suggestions for one that is under about $500?
  8. ILatte

i have a amd phenom 2 x4 965 quad core processor with 8 gigs of ram i still need a motherboard and video card any help on witch ones to buy? im hoping to run planet side 2 on it least medium settings

also this is a pc im building so if there are any other ideas for processors plz tell me im on a budget of 450$
  9. direwind

i did a post on this earlier, but no one seemed intersted :) i build systems for a living, so i can point you to some great deals.

ok, here are some systems, i have tested afew of them, since i have access to them and they all run the game at 40/50+ fps the nvidia system being the best.

a note on the PSU used in these systems, they are good, they are 80+ eff
    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1418.htm
    i have tested them under stress and they are quite stable, though if you can get a big named brand.

all from overclockers.co.uk they are good systems with good parts, copy the specs if you need to, they are pretty well balanced price/performance.

cost £560 www.overclockers.co.uk (make sure to unclick SSD, they cost extra)
    "Primo GTX 660" Intel Core i5 3.10GHz DDR3 Quad Core System

- Case: Xigmatek Asgard II Mid Tower Case - Black
    - Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 400W PSU
    - CPU: Intel Core i5 3450 3.10GHz Ivybridge CPU
    - Motherboard: Asus Intel H61 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
    - Cooler: Stock Intel CPU Cooler
    - RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Kit
    - Hard Drive: 500GB HDD
    - Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    - Sound: Onboard 7.1 Audio
    - Optical Drive: OcUK 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)

cost £500 -www.overclockers.co.uk
    "Titan Monk MK II" AMD Bulldozer FX-4 4170 4.20GHz DDR3 Diablo 3 Limited Edition Quad Core Gaming PC

- Case: Antec 300 Gaming Tower Case - Black w/ x2 BitFenix Spectre LED ORANGE 120mm Fan
    - Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 600w PSU
    - CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX-4 4170 4.20GHz Quad Core CPU
    - Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G (Socket AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard
    - Cooler: Prolimatech Lynx Cooler
    - RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    - Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1024MB Graphics Card
    - Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
    - Optical Drive: OcUK 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

cost £400 www.overclockers.co.uk
    Titan 8100a Xenomorph" AMD A10-5800K 3.80GHz @ 4.40GHz DDR3 2133MHz System - Quad Core

Case: Antec 300 Gaming Case - Black (default choice, options available) w/ x2 Green LED Fans
    - Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 600w PSU
    - CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.80GHz @ 4.40GHz Quad Core APU
    - Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 (Socket FM2) DDR3 Motherboard
    - Cooler: Prolimatech Panther CPU Cooler
    - RAM: Patriot Viper 3 "Red Venom" 8GB DDR3 PC3-15000C11 1866MHz @ 2133MHz Dual Channel
    - Graphics Card: Onboard AMD HD 7660D 800MHz @ 1000Mhz Graphics (DX11 graphics card options available)
    - Sound: Onboard 7.1 Audio
    - Optical Drive: OcUK 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Drive
  10. rman579

Okay... So basically look at some of the video cards out of those? I do not plan on buying a whole entire new system for another year or two but I should just check some of the video/graphic cards in those builds?
  11. direwind

i'm gonna be honest. that CPU is over 5 years old, it really does need to get an upgrade.

if you can, just upgrade the cpu-memory-motherboard-gpu
  12. rman579

Okay, I knew this time was coming fast, well I will now look at some of those builds, although I prefer building my own computer (I have help of course) with different parts, but overall you are right, my half tower days or coming to an end. It just feels a shame to end the life of my current one, but I will look at those builds and everything, overall I will probably wait for some of the sales to start before I buy my tower and mother board. I will message you some of my ideas once I have them if you would like.
  13. direwind

if you can build your own system do so, it will work out cheaper, the specs i posted will give you a good idea of what to look for, shop around and dont for get to research every part before you order it :D

i dunno, it shows the nerd in me, but i love the researching and the building part more than using the system
  14. rman579

So far I managed to find my case that I think I might want to get since I want to keep this in a budget,
    Aerocool X-Predator Ultimate Gaming Case, so far that is it need to figure out the power supply, but overall I want a large case, something that can fit allot in it and that can keep itself cool
  15. rman579

also what do you guys think of this?
    Seasonic X-Series 750w '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply

anyone at all feel free to post on this and if there is a better section a moderator can move this to it is fine by me.