Can the Certs Page Be Added Back In Please?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgross, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Dgross

I don't understand why it was ever taken out.
    The old certs page allowed you to look at higher tier benefits of a specific cert before purchasing the prerequisites.
    Plus it kept everything neat on one single page, instead of a dozen pages mixed up in the UI.

Right now the only way to look up all tiered benefits of certs is alt tabbing out and going to a wiki.
    The information was ALREADY in the game. Why remove it and make us browse for it outside of planetside?

Requesting it be added back in.
    • Up x 2
  2. BrbImAFK

I suggested this earlier, and got told that the reason it was pulled was an optimisation thing in relation to the amount of stuff loaded from the servers. I didn't really understand the tech details tbh, but anything that improves optimisation is alright in my book! :D
  3. Dgross

I haven't noticed diddly in performance after they removed the certs page.
    What optimization is more important then making the UI more convoluted and requiring players to browse for information that should be in the game?

It's dumb.
  4. FateJH

There are reasons why it could have caused unnecessary character table lookups; but, the only definitive thing was that it was perfectly unreachable by the time of the optimization updates, not necessarily that taking it out was part of the optimizations.

(On the other hand, there are UI/UX people who would argue that dividing up a long list to put relevant information in relevant places is good design, but no word if that was a formal reason either.)

Removing the future rank information is the only part that is incontestably poor choice. For all we know, however, it might be in there but the functionality whereby you can't select any updates but the next one means you also can't bring up the tooltip for a future rank's information. Whatever is holding it back should be undone and the information navigable.

(So many edits lol.)
    It should also be worth noting that you really don't need the information of future updates. With the exception of barely a handful of items, as long as you know many ranks an item can update, you can know what a future Rank will do. All levels of Flak Armor, for example, give 10%, so Rank 3 gives 30% and Rank 5 gives 50%. Nanoweave Armor, one such an exception, has increments of 2.5% per Rank until Rank 5 where it gives a 5% boost.
  5. Stormsinger

I understand how this could be the case (Multiple database calls for a ton of info, usually not related to what the player is trying to look at) would bog down server performance if used frequently enough, depending on how they executed it.

This is easily gotten around just by typing up a document and slapping it into the menu - no database calls, no server bogdown, and we still get our info.

I would like this quite a bit - it's disappearance annoyed me quite a bit as well :p
  6. Dgross

Bumping this for justice.
  7. FieldMarshall

Yes please.

They removed it without cleaning it completely, so now you have an awkwardly placed class cert screen that newer players sometimes miss.
    And a command certs screen sort of hidden away seemingly added as an afterthought.

The cert screen was removed to add the implants screen. Something that seems like a really weak excuse.
    You cant code in another tab for certifications into your game in 2015?

And the biggest sinner in all this has to be the description for the utility pouch for engineers.
    Where to begin? It totally screws over and confuses new players.
    First of all its way more expensive than a normal suit slot, but ofcourse you dont know that until you cave certed heavily into it.
    Secondly, it doesent tell you what rank you need for the different things.
    The description just reads "lets you carry more deployables" and the first rank just adds a brick of C4.
    It doesent say "Btw, you need to spend atleast 3000+ certs in it to carry 1 more AP mine"
    Totally screws over poor new players wanting to get into engineering.

Point is, yes we need this screen back. There was no real reason to remove it.
    I'll file it under "changes that nobody wants or needs" along with the Ikanam Biolab changes.
  8. TheFlyingSalmon

It won´t come back. They promised it in the QoL-Update last September...but as always: they lied. They should feel ashamed that they deleted one of the only intelligent features for the ******** implants that no one wanted.
    Well, as long as they don´t have people that are skilled enough to introduce flawless code, it won´t happen. Since this will never ever be the case, get used to the ******** certing that is in the game right now. Nothing will change.

Rest in Pepperoni old cert screen, you are missed more than anything else...well bugs where in the past too so...