can someone make the multiplier clear

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chamks, Dec 14, 2017.

1. chamks

hello fellow auraxians... after all the updates salad, and without proper information on the home page or wiki, can someone please explain THE HEAD SHOT MULTIPLIER and THE RESISTANCE TYPE AND PERCENTAGE for each weapon/vehicle? i mean i saw one video that shows that the tomoe (the infiltrator weapon that shoot 112 dmg bullets) has a x4 multiplier and people crying here about canis multiplier. head shot explanation will be more important than the vehicle resistance for most i guess
  2. Prudentia

if you hit the head you deal double damage. exceptions are the canis, less, toenail, more, tank cannons, none.and resistance types are just a gigantic spreadsheat of cryptic data where the values tell you the percentage the damage is reduced or increased. 100 means immune, -100 means double damage.
    • Up x 1
  3. FateJH

Simply speaking, if you hit a player's head hitbox, there's a multiplier that adjusts the damage after distance degradation value and that's how much damage the bullet will do. It's rare for a non-Small Arms (primary and sidearm slots) weapon to have a headshot multiplier, and most have a standard 2x. Damage always rounds down.

For a brief example of that: the T9 CARV does 143 within 10m, so at 9m it will deliver 286 damage on headshot. Base damage slowly declines, starting at 10m, until 65m where the damage is 112. A headshot at 66m and out will deliver 224 damage.
    Vehicles are subjected to two kinds of resistance. The first is called "directional armor" and that is an approximation of the side of the vehicle that an attacker is facing when damage is delivered. A person standing to the left (side) of a vehicle but dealing damage to what seem to be the "front" of that vehicle will still only deal (left) side damage. Some vehicles lack certain directional considerations such as flying ones. From this "directional armor," a multiplier is produced. Type resistance is how much damage a certain category of weapon will perform against an intended target. Different weapons will damage one target - a Lightning - differently than they will damage another target - a Sunderer. From this association, another multiplier is produced.

The table that lists these values uses a positive / negative scale. Positive means "resists" and negative means "bonus damage." The categories (rows) list some weapons associated with that category but they are not extensively documented. To calculate the damage of a weapon against a vehicle, you can use the following formula:
    For example, a G30 Vulcan (Gatling Guns category) versus a Vanguard's rear armor at point blank range:
    • Up x 3
  4. chamks

thank you guys for the replays
  5. chamks

and also: whats with the direct hit and indirect dmg? lets say i shoot a la with archer in the chest. will he get both the direct hit dmg and the indirect?
    also damage type; for an example, i went to VR and tested the top gunners. on the paper the basiliks (H/MBT) has more dps than the aphilion. but the aphilion actually destroyed vehicles faster. howwwwww?
  6. LordKrelas

Splash is usually applied onto the direct damage.
    As well, the Archer's explosive-bit requires a particular distance to be triggered.

Vehicles have different resistances.
    IE armor.
    Someone else will explain that in depth likely, but I don't have the full sheets in my bookmarks.
    • Up x 1
  7. chamks

and how about pounder or maraduer hit me, do i get the direct dmg? both indirect and direct....? archer is most common
  8. LordKrelas

As infantry, a direct hit applies splash & direct damage onto you when hit. IE added together usually.
    Splash damage does not effect vehicles however.
  9. Prudentia

oh did they remove the AV splash resist from daltons?