Can no longer skip death screen with quick mouse click

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wargrim, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Wargrim

The latest patch has made it impossible to quickly skip the death screen with a simple mouse click and get back to the respawn menue. Instead, you now have to click the button at the bottom or hit the map key. This is VERY disruptive! I hope this is just a bug and gets fixed quick, because if it is deliberate to make us spend time staring at the ******** revenge button... it would be another insult in a long line of insults. Fix this right now!
  2. Tiedemann

I also hate this change even though I'll get used to it some day. Mostly because I want to look at the map as fast as possible. I know most ppl don't know what a map is but some of us do.

They should also do something about that stupid "spawn now" respawn time bonus (yes, I think it is stupid!) since you are getting punished for wanting to spawn just a few meters away. Should at least be a big fat radius on that thing.
  3. RainbowDash9

just get used to hitting M... its not that hard.
  4. Ronin Oni

This is to prevent accidentally skipping the death screen if you were click spamming (say a semi auto, burst fire, etc). This becomes more important with the bounty system as the death screen is they ONLY time you can set a bounty (and only on your killer)

Fortunately, there is an easy solution to this. There is a keymapping for 'Open Map'

Set it to a more convenient key ([M] by default, which you can leave and add a new binding) and you can use that key to skip past the death screen with 1 key press (or just move your mouse and click the button... so hard)
  5. Ronin Oni

What part of "Duplicate thread" do you not understand?

And like I posted immediately above this post, just add a keybinding for it.

FFS
  6. Pelojian

as as been said the map keybinds close the death screen, but the escape key also works.
  7. Ronin Oni

A short pinky stretch away.

But no, lets freak out and rail on DGC that they're "money grubbers" (nvm that people have complained about clicking through when click spamming guns as they die and skipping past fast respawn option)
  8. Pelojian

those kind of people got the E key unassigned from the spawn vehicle terminal spawn button, quick pulling isn't as fast now, the low rate of pulling the wrong thing was worth the odd misspull of a flash.
  9. Ronin Oni

With the way delays happen with interacting half the time, and the other half the time the terminal didn't activate, made for a bad experience.

I was one of "those people" because it was bad design. You couldn't spam 'E' until the screen came up, and it didn't always come up.

I have to move my mouse to click the vehicle anyways, I just move it another half inch and click deploy.

If they made it so if you hit an F# key or clicked a vehicle, THEN the 'E' to spawn was enabled... OR if they made it so 'Spacebar' was spawn, that'd work..

'E' to spawn with buggy overlay was BAD though.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pelojian

Yeah all it needed was some tweaks, not outright removal. just make the defaulted vehicle selection nothing(instead of the flash) click or hit the F# numbered key then E to spawn the vehicle.

that or allow you to preselect the vehicle and loadout from a terminal in spawn area and just press E over the outside vehicle terminal to enter the queue to spawn your vehicle.
  11. Tiedemann

Problem fixed in a mini patch :)
  12. Wargrim

Awesome, its a nice change of pace if problems get fixed that fast. :D