Can no longer launch game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FireclawX, Apr 16, 2014.

1. FireclawX

I just installed the latest patch, and can no longer launch the game. Launchpad comes up, but when I click "play" I get the "game is starting, please wait..." window, and then it just disappears. Launchpad and all.

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Prem, if that helps at all.
  2. Frotang

3. sup3man2020

I cant start the launch pad either after this patch it just closes everything im playing on a windows 8 asus notebook on ultra graphics with no lag and then I re-install it and it still does not work I don't know what to do but im running this on 64bit and it still does not want to work I deleted stuff and it still does not work in my opinion this patch was not worth it its not letting a lot of people sign in to planetside 2 my whole outfit cant sign in to the launch pad!
  4. Frotang

try to update your direct X 9 and then see if it works, that fixed mine and I'm playing right now. The link is in my post above.
  5. FireclawX

6. Viridian2

Same here.. tried to updated but it did not work.
  7. dynami1

I think I have the same problem except I get the following message
    [Planetside2_x64.exe -Application error "The application was nable to start correcty (oxc000007b). Click OK to close application. " ]
  8. Druckverteiler

Same here.
    After I click play, the the launchpad "loads" and then just disappeares.

:(
  9. dynami1

Does anyone else have the same problem with test server?
  10. FireclawX

Nope, it's not the same problem. Your problem should be able to be fixed by updating DirectX

Yeah, I hope someone comes up with a fix soon, because I really want to try out the new carbines D:
  11. FireclawX

I'm actually installing the test server right now to see if I have the same problem there. Can you get into the regular game?
  12. dynami1

No, I keep getting that error message, is that what everyone here is getting?
  13. dynami1

How would I go about updating direct X? thanks a million for helping.
  14. FireclawX

^That's how you update direct x

And the problem in this thread is people who click the play button on the launcher, and then the launcher exits without launching the game with NO error message.
  15. LordDethir

I had it, but not any more.
  16. Druckverteiler

The Launchpad just downloaded another Update.
    I can launch the game now.
    Taskmanager shows 32bit running though.
  17. G.O.A.T

I Played the game fine this morning when I updated.

Now each time I hit play the screen goes black and it goes back to the Launcher..It give me no error codes.

Eventually my launch window just closes.
    • Up x 1
  18. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Please ensure the programs listed below are updated on your system. Once updated, I would suggest rebooting your system to ensure all actions are completed.

Here are the system update files:
    .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Standard Installer): www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22
    DirectX9.0c (Web Installer): www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
    Windows Update (IMPORTANT: may need to run several times to pick-up all recommended/optional programs for the best compatibility, stability, and performance)

If, after updating and rebooting, you still have the crashing issue, you may need to update another system file:
    C++ Redist (64-bit 2010): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632
    C++ Redist (32-bit 2010): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
  19. FireclawX

All of the links you posted take you to old software... the latest .NET Framework is 4.5, the latest DirectX version is 11, and the latest C++ redist is not the one you linked...

Do I have to revert to the old software?

Also, it's not a crashing issue. The game doesn't even launch. I click play game, get the blue "game is starting, please wait" screen, and then the launcher closes its self out without launching the game. Neither the game or the launcher show up in my task manager.
  20. XeoWolf

^^What FireclawX said....^^
    Working Solution please.
  21. FireclawX

Oh, and just to add some information that may help in troubleshooting the issue. The x32 bit client works perfectly fine for me.