Can my computer run this now?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Drakortha, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Drakortha

The last time I tried to play on this computer was back in January or so and I could barely play at all. Any battle which had more than 10 players quickly dropped my framerate below 10.

My system:
    dual core E8400 @ 3Ghz
    GTS 250 1GB Graphics
    4Gb DDR2 Ram.

Has performance in this game been improved on or will I still not be able to play on this computer?
  2. WycliffSlim

Ehhh... you'd probably be alright in small/medium sized battles if you're alright with FPS around 30's. If you can OC your processor at all you'll see an improvement though!
  3. Highfall

I doubt it, the GTS 250 is a pretty old graphic card. I'm pretty sure the game has been updated to use more GPU than CPU since january, so i think you might be seeing worse performance
    • Up x 1
  4. DashTech

I'd say no chance. Especially on that GPU, invest in a new GPU - and at over five years old, your core system is probably due for an over-haul for the latest games. That said, it doesn't matter what you buy, PS2 will always be a little bit dodge.
  5. Iksniljiksul

As above, this computer system will never be able to run Planetside 2. The game is only getting worse as time moves on, since they won't be fixing the code and are instead waiting for hardware to catch up (yet the game won't be played by more then a couple dozen people by then).