Can i run planetside 2 with this setup at 60+ frames?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TheFullCologne, Aug 17, 2013.

1. TheFullCologne

can i run planetside 2 with this at 120 frames
    * I5 4570 Processor
    * Gigabyte 2gb GTX OC 760
    * 1TB Wd Blue and Fuijitsu 64 GB SSD
    * 8GB G Skill RipJaws X 1600 + 4gb
    * ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard
    * 24 inch 2ms Asus up to you
    * Xigmatek Praeton LD963 Cooler
  2. Alexlightning7

No. Nobody can. You will be at 60+ "Most of the time".
    In huge battles, and since you havent overclocked, expect ~30 or ~35 in the large battles.

Atleast, thats assuming your playing ultra settings. You GPU is good enough for ultra, but turn shadows to low.
    If you turn shadows off entirely, then you might pull slightly better fps. Overclocking would bring you fps up ~10 on average, obviously varying based on other factors. but you have a non K chip so overclocking is out.
    • Up x 1
  3. kuddlesworth55

Nobody can run this game at 60FPS unless you are in the warp gate or with no one around. If anybody claims they can then they are lying. However your setup should be able to run the game at max settings easily but you should manually optimize the game to allow for you to get greater than 25 FPS in large scale battles. There are many tutorials on how to do this but the simplest way to do it is to turn down the render distance to about 1000, turn off Ambient Occlusion although i keep mine on (I like it and it has very little effect on my system), turndown particle details, turn off PhysX, all other settings can be turned to their max. But play around a bit with your settings until you get satisfactory frame rate. One thing to bare in mind though is that the recent hotfix ruined most peoples FPS so I would wait until a new hotfix is released that improves it again. The new hotfix dropped my frame rate from a solid 45 in small-medium battles to a abysmal 25-30 FPS. I run a 680 4GB and an i7 2600, 8GB RAM 1600.
    • Up x 1
  4. willowstyle

i5 3570k @ 4.6ghz

you can get a minimum of 30-40 fps in the most hudge-heavy-massive battle whatever graphic card or ingame setting you have.
    100-200 fps in 1.4 rendering ultra maxed etc.. when no ppl in area.

they are not far from constant 60 fps and the game is playable at 40 fps but i think they could never achieve it.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheAppl3

As has been stated and needs to be stated continuously, no.

Nobody gets 60+ at all times. It doesn't happen unless you perhaps have a 4670k @ 5.0 with a highly clean system and all CPU-relevant settings as low as possible. Even then I doubt it.

A stock 4570 will get ~30-35 in large engagements.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheFullCologne

thanks for the advice/help, maybe i should have stated the question differently, i meant if i could get 60+ fps at ultra settings* outside the warpgate but not in a hotly contested area*, rightnowi have an average laptop and have always run the game on low settings, render quality 80% (40ish frames warppgate, 20-25 in big fights), so im lookingforward to improvements! :D

getting this comp hopefully this week and graphics are OC (overclocked)
  7. Joiner

You can run this conf with 120+ fps
    Just try use 75 -80 %
    RenderQuality=0.7500000
    have 90-120 fps most time
    mass zerg 48+= 60 fps

Code:
    [Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=2
    ShadowQuality=0
    TerrainLOD=4
    RenderDistance=6000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=1
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=3
    VerticalFOV=74
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=1
    AO=0
    GpuPhysics=0
    my settings

GTS580 4.5 overclocked core i7 2600k
  8. willowstyle

even with 4570@5ghz and ingame setting in ultra low i am pretty sure you cant get 60 fps in those massive biolab battle for the exemple of heavy fight.
    is there difference between 4.5ghz and 5 ghz? i dont think on this game.. between 3.5 and 4.5 maybe a bit.

is there ppl with NASA computer who experienced lot of different heavy situations in PS2 and never get under 60 fps?
    i dont think.
  9. TheFullCologne

hopefully i get 30+ fps biolab fights
  10. MichaelS

sure....
  11. Tar

you do know there are monitors with 120 or 144 Hz right?
  12. TheFullCologne

high graphics here i come! ill play around with shadows and render quality..