[Suggestion] Can i get Combat Medic with battle rifles

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Sanguinius420, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Sanguinius420

would love to have my medic with my eidolon.
    • Up x 2
  2. Intruder313

No, take a look at the Certs and you won't see BRs. BRs are pretty much considered to underperform anyway.

I'm NC and the Reaper DMR is close to a BR (high alpha, high accuracy, low RoF, small clip and longer ranges).
    Checking the VS list I don't see an AR that's like a BR.
  3. Serval

I think that's why it was a 'Suggestion,' and although it doesn't matter much to me because BRs are so bad right now, it does seem odd for engies to get them but not medics.
  4. Dictatorfish

I have yet to try it myself, by it looks as though shotguns with slug ammunition are decent battle rifle substitutes. Not sure I'm willing to spend 1000 certs or real money to try this out, though.
  5. Makora

Don't know about vanu, but on TR, the SABR-13 just almost fits the bill.
  6. NexiKuro

If the sabr didnt have that recoil on its first shot it would be better (more damage, higher accuracy), It's currently a short range alternative. The reaper is more accurate and probably has less recoil, but deals less damage/bullet(same as the sabr but that's a 2shot semi). The corvus is a vanu automatic meaning it deals less damage over extreme(71/82m+) ranges, but it is more accurate than the eidolon.

Currently the battle rifles have a horrible base spread of 0.1 while automatics with high damage rounds have a base spread of 0.03(if the first shot of the sabr didn't have recoil the 2nd shot would still be more accurate with 0.09 spread o_O). I remember trying to hit an infiltrator at 100m+ with an eidolon and missing due to the 0.1 spread. Pretty ridiculous that a designated marksman rifle(I think that's what it's intended to emulate) has identical or worse base spread than ANY automatic rifle including carbines. >_>

Assault rifles are pretty great at range so I don't think medics really need battle rifles. It would be fun if we could use them, but on the other hand it might make us a bit too flexible. With engineers/heavy assaults it could potentially compensate their regular guns being slightly worse at range(more recoil). Anyway, right now they're pretty useless for any class.
    • Up x 1
  7. Lavalampe

I would support this idea of having a Battle Rifle as a Medic but to be honest: The Battle Rifles in this Game are worse at the current state. You need 4 Bodyshots to kill till 10m and after this distance the dmg drop off will increase this to 5 shots. Even Nanoweave lvl-1 decreases your killrate by 1 more shot since it deals exactly 250 dmg.
  8. NexiKuro

That applies to almost every damage tier, no regular weapon hits for amounts that would kill in the same amounts of hits with one level in nanoweave. Level one nanoweave is great, It means one more hit to kill you. More than one level seems redundant because its only 125 health, meaning only vanu weapons at very long(>72m) range and carbines(minus NC) at hit low enough to require one additional hit.
  9. Lavalampe

You are right, but an Battlerifle has such an low rpm that it really matters. Keep it one extra bullet for Carbines and Assault Rifles but not for Battlerifles which have an larger Caliber.
  10. EvilKoala

The fire rate on the BR feels about right to me.. The projectile velocity is straight ridiculous though at 500.. there are carbines that fire a faster projectile, and the BR is supposed to be good at mid-long range.. The slow velocity combined with no tracer makes using the BR for its intended purpose an exercise in frustration. The damage also feels a bit low.. falloff shouldn't occur until 100m or so..
  11. LameFox

Play NC: all their weapons are battle rifles, except shotguns. :p
  12. Deathcapt

Get the Shotgun with Slugs, it's a great battle rifle for all classes.
  13. cheerstoyou

I just bought this gun (DMR) and played with it this weekend... it doesn't play much different than the Gauss. I'd have thought I'd be using it in semi, in practice I find I just burst with it (except at extreme distances on stationary targets).

If you happen to land headshots at range, it feels like a "big rifle" -- takes three if I am correct? Otherwise it is just a bigger Gauss, make sure you are crouched so the COF doesn't wander off your targets. It's a cool gun but it's not very different from the default -- 5 vs 6 bullets to land a kill is a negligible difference!
  14. Tyrranis

Why?

Hit B, and you turn your standard rifle to single shot. Put a 6x scope on there, and you've got your rifle with only 30 certs spent. I've outsniped Infiltrators using the standard NC Medic rifle.
  15. cheerstoyou

Yo:

I covered your point already.
  16. Tyrranis

Well, that's what I get for skim reading, I guess.
  17. XenomorphZZ

Sort of OT but... does anybody else have tracers not showing up on the AMR-66 (TR BR)?

Also, any particular rifle in PS2 feel like the BRs in COD4/6? M14/FAL respectively?
  18. FlayvorOfEvil

AC-X11 is basically a battle rifle with automatic fire. 200 dmg with a 167 damage minimum. long range is 3 headshot kill.
  19. KnightCole

ACX11 is the Gauss SAW of the Assault Rifles? mass dmg? Sounds good lol.
  20. Wrel Developer

Agreed. I'd go a step further and say that Battle Rifles should be usable by all classes, like SMGs will be.