Campaign mission New Beginnings being blocked by players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ravenwolf Foxtrack, May 9, 2021.

1. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

Due to the allowance of base building at the location for the mission and the out right a-holeness of these greefers, no one is allowed to complete the mission New Beginnings due to the location being locked down with forces and no way to clear them from the location. Accing the location resuls in instiant death from turrets, pain fields, skyguards, multiple roaming enemines, cloaked sundies deployed on the building.

Please make the location a no build no deploy zone or allow orbital strikes or something because otherwise NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THIS MISSION!
    • Up x 2
  2. JibbaJabba

Thank you for sharing.

I needed a reminder of why I'm not participating in this. I am so relaxed and just playing the game. I was a ball of frustration and not having fun during the initial campaign. I nearly quit.
    • Up x 2
  3. Liewec123

Let's hope that this first campaign was also the last.
    I did the first two, both were more frustrating than they were worth
    and like Mr JibbaJabba above I've decided to pass on this one, and by the sound of it we've made the right decision!

So hopefully the devs learn that putting all of their resources into frustrating temporary content isn't the best idea. :)

Only enjoyable part of the whole campaign was the shortlived massive battles in shattered warpgate
    that took place during the first few days of chapter 1.
    It reminded me of the epic battles that used to happen every day before continent pop was reduced to 900.
    • Up x 2
  4. JustGotSuspended

Actually this campaign was the easiest, it took like 2 hours max to complete. You can get 3 different camos that look identical with the currency or a banner when you're done.
  5. Cyropaedia

Who the heck thought putting key mission points at Eisa Tech SCU and a lone building at Shattered Warpgate were great ideas?

The Campaign is easy and decent for the most part. I think future Campaigns should just be basic tasks (5 kills, 100 repairs) with a novel task (harvest 25 plants) with zero opportunity for chokepoints.