[Suggestion] C4 x3 request.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by AFoo, Jan 28, 2013.

1. AFoo

C4 currently will not take out a sunderer when using both of them. Brings it really low but does not kill it. Patch notes have been mentioned to remove the ability to use Anti Tank mines from being able to detonate on non-moving targets so we will then have no real method of Anti-Sunderer/AMS tactics. Currently in the world there are a mass production of AMS spawn points so you will have multiple enemy spawn points around 1 base. We need to have an accurate way to destory them in 1 planned out tactic. My suggestion is to add the ability for certain classes to spec into 3 charges of C4 for this process. Possibly not Light Assault to make it a little more difficult to get to the location where the AMS is located.
  2. Pat22

You could always just find a Light Assault buddy and attack the AMS with him instead of thinking you can solo the enemy's spawn location.
    Engineers already have the ability to carry up to 4 bricks of C4 by the way.
  3. Minsc

All you need is a HA to hit it with a rocket after you place your C4. Or a friendly HA, Medic, Engi or LA with C4 to go with you. I've also heard that 2 underbarrel smoke grenades, a frag grenade and 2 C4 will kill a sundie solo. There are a few ways to kill a sundie, they just take a little coordination.
  4. LibertyRevolution

When someone else blows up your C4, you get no XP, no assist, nothing.
    You are out 200 resources, and your buddy got 600+xp for 1 c4..
  5. LibertyRevolution

When someone else blows up your C4, you get no XP, no assist, nothing.
    So as LA I just waste my resources so that an HA can shoot one free rocket and steal my kill and all my points..
    And it only cost me 200 infantry resources.. THAT IS 2 MAXES I CAN'T PULL!!!

Fix C4 XP now!!! My C4 did 90% the damage to that sundee and I get 0xp? BS!!!
  6. Minsc

Yes it's BS that we get no assist if someone else blows up our C4, but sometimes I just want to kill the sundie and don't care about the XP. I would love to have this fixed though...
  7. Pat22

See now I agree with this point. Instead of making it so LAs can carry 3 C4s, fixing C4 XP distribution is a very good idea. You're absolutely right, since a lone LA can't solo a sunderer someone will always inevitably come a steal the kill and XP you did all the work on. Kill awards should be awarded to the person who did the most damage to a target, not the person who deals the killing blow. Not only for C4, but for all weapons, I feel this would be better.
  8. Krona

I was the gleeful beneficiary of a bug that gave you 3 C4 towards the end of beta.

You don't want people running around like that, trust me. It's insane.
  9. LibertyRevolution

Me too. :(

If I feel I have time, I will place 2, walk back to a resupply, then go back and blow them, then place another c4..
    It is the only way I can get the points.

It be cool if I could resupply from the enemy sundee, if they are looking for ideas. :p