C4 vs Tank Mines Kills Per Hour Stats For Your Perusal

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Compass, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Compass

We all know people kill far more vehicles with C4 than with AT mines, right?

Right?

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/explosive/all/per-hour

Nope. C4 kills 1/3 as many vehicles as AT mines (I'm guilty of pizza cheesing with AT mines and bullets. Sorry.)

Well, C4 must massacre more people then, than AT mines, right?

Right?

Nope. C4 only kills 1/2 as many people as AT mines.

But wait, C4 must kill more people than the AP mines then!

Right?

Nope. 1/4 as many as even the Claymore, which we all know is the stupid test for this game.

Yup. Getting rid of the most "lethal" grief weapon. Hooray.
    • Up x 9
  2. ValorousBob

This post is an island of facts and information in a sea of feces, bad tank drivers, and tears.
    • Up x 3
  3. KenDelta

This nerf is stupid and ******** , an MBT just chilling back and sniping with 0 awareness should be C4'd on sight without the ability to retaliate.(Yes talkin' bout dem AP Anchor4 prowlers.)
    • Up x 1
  4. Excretus Maximus

My only complaint about C4 is the intentional TK possibilities.
  5. Compass

People can TK with rocket launchers and mines, or a Liberator, or a Harasser. Grief should not be the reason a weapon is toned down.
    • Up x 2
  6. Badname82

So...nerf ZOE?
    • Up x 3
  7. Xae

That is the best part.

It teaches tankers that running over 10 friendlies has consequences since the Weapons Lock system sucks.
    • Up x 3
  8. The Funk

As long as shedding tears on the forums achieves the desired results you'll keep seeing them.
  9. jak

Not that I've C4'd a number of friendly tanks that drive with blatant disregard for infantry or anything.... :eek:
    • Up x 1
  10. ValorousBob

What?? Having a fellow Vanu stick C4 to you is an honor. You've been recruited to martyr yourself for the glory of Vanu. Bask in the glory that shall be yours when you take down a tightly packed zergball of heathens in a fiery explosion.

[IMG]
  11. AnotherNoob

Those numbers are not very telling, as they are very different weapons. Tank mines are used to kill people that aren't paying attention to the road, and deployed sunderers, where as C4 are used on tanks that are not paying attention to their surrounding, sunderers, maxes and groups of infantry.
  12. drhead

You do realize that these stats are for the amount of time that the weapon is being held, right? Obviously, when you have to use a detonator to blow up the C4, you're going to have the weapon out for longer than something that you throw on the ground and forget about.
  13. Compass

Most people do not run around with C4 out unless they intend to throw it. I'm sure there's the manic guy that has his detonator out 24/7, but I'm also sure some people run around with pies deployed. The fact of the matter is, when the mine is dropped, even if it takes 6 hours for it to kill, the effort ended when the mine was dropped. Compare to C4, where C4 no longer exists when you respawn.

Additionally, even with averages, AT mines are more kills per user. Almost 33% more.
    http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/explosive/all/average
  14. DiHorizon

inb4 implant that allows infantry to carry an extra stick of C4 for 5 minutes.

250 certs or 500 SC.
  15. cfnz

What's the time frame for these stats? Is it going to include all the mine kills when you could just throw them under vehicles and have them instantly detonate? Overall there are more C4 kills (4187958) than tank mines (3245141), but there are more classes that can use C4 compared to tank mines.

Edit: I'll also note that tank mines, if used as mines and not frisbees can kill multiple people in a mobile Sunderer.
  16. Compass

I think it's full-time cumulative.