[Suggestion] C4 - Some Minor Adjustments

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Dkamanus, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Dkamanus

Hi there.

After quite some time using the C4, i'd say it is quite lackluster in demolitions job, mostly because in order to kill stuff, 2 bricks of a 100 Resource explosive is needed to destroy quite a lot of things. Before anyone says L2P and stuff, please beware that turrets in bases, for instance, aren't able to be destroyed in one C4 Block.

When I say slight adjustments those are REALLY slight adjustments. I think blowing two C4 blocks in the back of a Sunderer SHOULD be able to own them instantly (maybe not the rest, though I've tested, there seems to be VERY little difference in vehicle hitboxes). Yes, suiciding LAs are a fact of life, and people should always be aware of them, the same way people need to be aware of suciding AT mines engineers.

That said, if the job of the LA and Infiltrator is also to cause havoc at enemy lines, we see our explosives are quite lackluster in comparison to their price. A few problems I find with our C4:

- Lack of decent explosive Radius - According to the description, it is very effective against vehicles and infantry. Although I do kill infantry easily with it, considering the type of explosive, it doesn't kill MANY infantries with it, due to a small blast radius

- Placement of C4 - Thanks to the nature of AT mines "Fire-and-forget", they are VERY useful for vehicle destruction and base protection, risking very little of the engineers safety, unless he decided to offensively use them. C4 on the other hand lack a distint visual component that lets the user be aware of where his C4 is and makes his uses quite limited, mostly towards trying to blow sunderers and vehicles that aren't moving at all.

Thanks to the 2 seconds that are needed to throw a C4, once you spot a vehicle and start throwing, you lose your C4 and it stays on its place useless.

The adjustments I say:

- Either increase the damage a little of C4 against vehicles, or increase the blast radius by a little in order for it to kill engineers next to in so the fire can have a chance of destroying the sunderer, and enough to eliminate 1 base tower with 1 C4, as currently they go red when you do so. Sometimes a couple turrets are giving a headache to some tanks, the light assault would be ideal to deal with them.

- Visual enchancement - Please, let those who plant their C4 see, even at 100m, where they C4 is. Just make a symbol visible to us, connected to the HUD. It would be useful as we could place the C4 and go away and do other stuff, while having a knowledge of where our explosives are. Make it so that, if you can't see your explosive symbol, you are too far away to detonate it. Like the detonators limiting range.

- Allow us to Pick our C4 blocks back. THIS is something I really wanted to happen. C4, if not placed in a non-moving object is quite hard to throw, even with training and everything. You maybe doing everything right and sneaking behind the vehicle, only to see him move 1 feet away while you're still on the movement of throwing your block and lose the block. Its a demolition tool, it should be able to be repicked once dropped, not a defensive tool.

- Don't allow it do be destroyed by shooting at it. IRL, C4 doesn't blow up due to bullets, since is a plastic explosive detonated with a eletric and small fire into the fuse. Explosions would still blow it up. In order to counter this, let engineers disable explosives in general as a ability worth XP.

Just some things I think should be enough to make the C4 ideal. Thoughs? Suggestions?
  2. Minsc

I don't know how necessary this is really. If you put C4 in choke points, you can get masses of people. I tend to use it on MAXs though, infantry resources to kill infantry resources.

This, very much so. Maybe not 100m, but seeing it from further than right on top of it would be great.

Please please please make this happen. I think anyone with the C4 cert should be able to disarm and take the C4 for their own (steal their resources! woohoo!). Also, once a LA or anyone else plants C4 on your vehicle, there is no way to remove it without damage. If you act fast enough, you could completely counter kamikaze runs!

This would be really nice.... and proof about C4 not exploding from bullet fire:
    http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/really-no-explosion.htm

Big thing for C4: it should cost 75 not 100 infantry resources. Oh and flash grenades should cost 50.
  3. Dkamanus

The problem is, since we are considered, as of now, a sort of Commando/Assassin Class, we need the tool to be cut for the job. C4, damage-wise, isn't cut out. I try to be sneaky and when I see two turrets giving a bad time for my team, I want to eliminate them quickly in order to my team to advance safer and faster. Damage-wise, C4 is almost there, but it will be replaced quite easily with AT Mines, since they are SO MUCH stronger, and as easy to use (since we are talking about suiciders).

BTW, in another matter entirely, halve the damage of mines, but add debuffs towards them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ghoest

My biggest issue with C4 is that 2 of them wont blow up an airplane!!

Its an airplane - not a tank.

If a pilot is dumb enough to let you put TWO high explosive charges on his airplane it ought to blow up.
  5. Minsc

How it should be:
    1 C4: kills an ESF (like a lightning, but independent of location)
    2 C4: kills a liberator and flames a galaxy (like MBTs and sunderers)

It would also be great if the cockpit of a plane were a critical hit location, cause you would sorta be shooting the pilot and all.
  6. Dkamanus

Well, as I tested the other day against a careless liberator pilot (yes, I got on top of the liberator while it was on the ground) and as soon I blew it to hell with two C4s.

Still, these slight adjustments need to be made.
  7. Drecker

I say lower cost and lower the damage. In my opinion, one person should NOT be able to take out a sunderer with ease. Yes it may take 2 seconds to get them out, but a deployed sunderer isnt moving anywhere.
    I keep seeing gripes on this stuff and how "ineffective" it is.
    If it were any more effective, it could be nearly game breaking. I dont see why they added it at all, really. They already have turrets, HAs, rocket pods, other tanks, tank mines, MAXs, and a few other things that can take out vehicles just fine.
    That being said, i may just be tired of being in a vanguard, or near a sunderer and, like i said, having it being taken out by some *** who spent the money/certs to be just like Rambo.
  8. Trysaeder

If you're easing enemy LAs towards your sunderer, then yeah, it might be called easy. Anything that dies to C4 deserves it.
  9. BadHabitz

My only complaint about C4 is the lack of noise and screen shake. If I plant a C4 and run away, if my attack doesn't destroy the target, and if I'm not looking at it, I can't tell if anything actually happened, or if my pack was destroyed.