C4 is broken since 2018

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by blackboemmel, Nov 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackboemmel

Until June 2018 C4 used to work perfectly on moving vehicles. (Examples from first half of 2018.)

Then (June 12th, 2018) the "trigger delay" was implemented. Since then it is almost impossible to destroy a moving ESF with C4. Even bigger, slower moving vehicles often get zero damage from bricks sticking at them. (Examples from today's C4 performance.)

It seems obvious for me, that the explosion takes place at the position where the bricks are located when you initiate the trigger, while the vehicle has 0.5 seconds to move away from that position.
    • Up x 3
  2. blackboemmel

It looks like there are not many people here that care about C4ing moving vehicles. :confused:

Trust me, it's one of the most satisfying things you can do in this game. You should really try it!
    Oh wait, forget what i said. It doesn't work if you aren't extremely lucky or experienced.

I can't believe this bug hasn't been reported a hundred times. I personally posted this problem many times on the Planetside 2 subreddit because i was told that the devs rather react to troubles posted there than they do when reporting bugs here.

The majority of PS2 redditors do understand that this bug is not good for the game: Noone wants to play a game where sticking a brick of C4 at a target doesn't mean that the brick will explode at or even close to that target.
    If a game can't even provide that this simple mechanic is working, what should a player expect from the really complicated ingame mechanics?

But there are also players that don't want C4 in the game at all. For them C4 can't be bugged enough. For the devs this bug doesn't seem to exist. For me it's a reason to complain again and again.

I am a C4 guy. I love explosions. :) In ten years of playing this super special game, this is the only bug that made me ragequit. More than once.

Damn, i thought there would be more explosion-lovers around... :(

OK then, i personally won't stop complaining until i notice that the devs noticed and understood the existance of this bug or until it's fixed or until i stop playing this game.
    • Up x 1
  3. blackboemmel

Bump up the jam...
  4. Ineedammo

Aside of this bug, there is also slow switch deployment which triggers explosion. IMO it should be able to be used as fast as possible. It takes too much time to switch when tank is already spotted you. Actually 1 v 1 we can't counter a tank because of this bug.
  5. blackboemmel

Hello again!
    Yeah, i really stopped complaining (and playing this game).
    But with a new dev team i'll give this another try: Please fix C4 or at least state that you are aware of it's existance.
  6. Mithril Community Manager

Try not to necro post on the forums. For this particular issue please make a new thread and link to a video showing what you're experiencing on your end. The game has been updated so when referencing videos we want to see more up to date videos of the mentioned bug. Thanks!
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.