C4, harasser...don't get it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Apr 30, 2018.

1. karlooo

They are confusing me. I die mostly to them because I don't respect them...why are they so powerful? A tank I respect. Big, heavily armored vehicle with a powerful cannon but for some reason an explosive you can fit in your pocket can completely blow it up with no trouble....whats the point of creating expensive tanks if you can destroy it with an explosive that fits in your pocket, the c4 does more damage to Armour than the huge weapons the tank carries...how does this explosive even penetrate armor? I'm starting to be more scared of infantry than tanks, I'll prioritize infantry over a tank.

Same with harassers. They look like a small buggy. Every vehicle in the game is 2 times larger than it. When I see it it looks like a joke, don't pay attention to it. For some reason the harasser destroys every vehicle like nothing, it drives like its glued to the ground, cannot flip over, high traction, powerful weapons that penetrate the toughest vehicles.
    For builders. If you're driving an ant and meet the harasser your completely screwed. Your amour and weapons stand no chance, you can't even escape, as I said the harasser has glue on it's wheels so no escape off road and no escape on roads cause it's faster. Even though ant is 2 times larger, ramming it doesn't do much damage. For some reason harassers armor is so tough it can withstand some shots from a tank cannon. If a tank cannot destroy a buggy what's the point of tanks at all?

Also this game is only fun to play if you have the upgrades, weapons, items, but everything is expensive as hell...it encourages players to play like psychos, only searching for kills, blood lol. Poor base builders cannot even drive near warpgate, you got enemies scavenging in your own territory for easy kills, hiding in bushes, suddenly I see a harasser unloading explosives into my rear after leaving warpgate for a couple of seconds...like this game is great just some things I don't understand, maybe could be done better.
  2. FLHuk

Server? Faction? Got a mic? ( Gun vehicles for people, ask for help, communicate. )

Yes progression can be slow as a F2P but I've really enjoyed earning everything I've got!
    • Up x 1
  3. Hario

The trouble for everyone not in a tank is they rain death on you from afar, and now have so much armour they duck behind a rock and heal off even considerable focus fire from rockets, turrets etc.

C4 and harrasors flanking them are the best counters

The harrasor is a high risk, high reward (in theory) tank counter that needs 2 people to operate, requires a lot of coordination and a dedicated driver and can die to its prey near instantly if it makes a misstake.

C4 as it is i dont love, but that guy did run 400m through sniper fire from that base, will die in one hit to you and has one shot at killing you, and can only fight one tank per resupply. C4 at present is the only viable way for infantry to counter distant or very close range tanks shelling them into oblivion
  4. breeje

where do i start ?
    the ant is actually a very strong weapon against harassers, try the cobalt and don't let the harassers come to close
    the only times harassers kill my ant is when there are more then one or a skilled crew
    against MBT ants should have more armor

the harasser is fast but you have to pick out your fights
    taking the vehicles on the outside of the group and sneak up to them
    try out a harasser front to front, you will always lose

C4, yep tankers hate them but some awareness can take you a long way
    what other weapon do we have when a zerg surrounds a base and farms all the infantry

MBT, well i am a good top gunner but a terrible driver and only average with the main gun
    but whenever i play with my friend who only plays with the MBT, the harassers and the C4 faeries have a hard time
    not impossible to kill us but they better don't give up after 3 attempts
    only the few blessed by the PS2 gods will be lucky enough on there first attempt :D

whatever is confusing you, find a friend to try it out with and be surprised on how easy it can be to destroy the things you fear
    just don't expect to be good in the first week/month
  5. blackboemmel

If this is not sarcasm i'd recommend you to spend some time in piloting/gunning Harassers.

Still not sure if sarcasm or misinformation...?
    Have a look at this!

The last F2P game i played before i became a "Planetside 2 Fanboy" was "Tribes Ascend". It took me roundabout 35 bucks and 6 months to get EVERYTHING you could get in that game. Great game, great experience. For 8 months or so.

When i started with PS2 i was really shocked while calculating how much time/money i'd need to spend to get "EVERYTHING".
    I'm BR 120 (191) today and i still haven't "completed" everything. I'm not even close to that. But i've got tons of funny stuff that a new player does not have and won't get soon. Poor new player, happy me: I really got something from the thousands of hours playing.

I am afraid that the truth about PS2 is, that it's paradise for dedicated (addicted;)) players, but hell for casuals.
  6. adamts01

I suggest trying everything you think is OP. This game does have quite a few things that are legitimately broken OP, but the vast majority of the game is very well balanced.

You are right about armor being weak. This is the worst it's ever been There really isn't much point using it over infantry, except for a few bases where HESH can fire down on points.

Harassers are actually in a decent place finally. I'd prefer a little buff to their guns and a little nerf to their health, but they're balanced, with the exception of the Ranger Harasser.

I think C4 is too strong against infantry but just right against armor, with the exception of Ambusher/C4. If you're in a tank, you should be much more worried about cloaked Fury/Deci Flashes, which are stupid OP this patch.
  7. Fishpoke

I was thinking changing C4 to only be instant death if it's detonated from UNDER the vehicle, otherwise it just does ALOT of damage but takes two shots to kill if planted from above or the sides. Taking out parked sundy will still be no prob but LA will have to be a bit more thoughtful / put some effort into taking out a massive resource investment.
  8. adamts01

You need to learn more about the game. It already takes 2 C4 to kill a tank, and much more than 2 C4 to kill a Sundy, especially if they're running a shield or blockade. C4 vs Vehicle balance is actually really good right now, Ambushers aside. Spend some time as an LA killing vehicles and learn the other side of things before you start calling for a nerf.