[BUG] Burster MAX Flak quite often doing 0 damage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Intruder313, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Intruder313

This has happened on and off for members of my Outfit but today 2 of us found our Flak doing literally 0 damage.

The targets were making low passes and we were absolutely coating them in Flak (very visible explosions) but they took absolutely no damage.

This went for awhile and we had to give up on Bursters.

It seems sometimes the changed code results in 0 damage from Burster Flak.
  2. haniblecter

Its an explosion, if the explosion is too far away from the air frame, it wont do damage. It might 'hit', but because of composite armor, it might only do 1 damage (and they have thousands)

Also latency, while its a hit to you, looks like a hit, the server might not have time to correct yoru misconception before its displayed, so lead a bit more and you might actually get a 'hit'.
  3. VictorDracul

I haven't experienced this myself despite playing AA MAX a fair bit recently. But I have seen other posts on this issue since before the last patch so I don't think it's been caused by this most recent one. Better off posting this in the Support Thread so SOE can look at it some more :)
  4. ABATTLEDONKEY

yea i know that this bug exists. ive never had the max fail to do damage for me, but there have been times where my liberator becomes invincible (to flak, which i assume is a max). that has happened more than a few times to me. when it does i fly somewhere else because i cant play against someone who is helpless. it just feels wrong.
    • Up x 2
  5. VictorDracul

An honourable warrior. If only there were more of you!! lol
  6. Intruder313

Nah, seriously no issues with latency at all (once we gave on Flak we were murdering infantry on foot and incidentally shooting our Bursters at Inf. registered hits) and nor was the explosion "too far away".

We are talking here Mosquito's in that perfect killbox - flying directly down our flak at CLOSE range and utterly being blowing apart.
    They were not taking 1 damage or low damage it was no damage at all and no hits registered. This has happened only since the Flak patch. To me it's a mix up in the way the flak shells used to cause direct hits which no longer happens - all damage should come from explosions but it's like sometimes the explosions are being treated as "unable to hit".
  7. Intruder313

I raised an ingame Bug report but yeah will do.
  8. Frosty The Pyro

it happens sometimes with all max weapons, its most visable with bursters though as the flak explosions are big YOU ARE HITTING IT sighns whereas with other weapons you likely just missed. Does seam to happen with bursters more though, its realy annoying.