Burst delay/"lag" first time even ONE enemy appears

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bubblewrap2, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Bubblewrap2

Every time I enter a new "zone" that contains even ONE enemy or an enemy enters my zone, my game stutters - the screen momentarily stops updating and my actions suffer a massive queue/delay.

This effect happens regardless of settings and is by far the worst issue I have with this game, including since beta. It has often resulted in my death or loss of objective. It is so reliable I can actually tell when there is any enemy near me because of it.

It does not seem to be anything to do with FPS since it happens at any and all the time.

What does seem to affect FPS is player total population (including friendlies) - to be specific, player models. But that's another issue entirely and because it is a relatively smooth effect, it is not detrimental to gameplay.

My current FPS with Custom Settings (mostly Low):
    - empty zone = 60-80fps
    - normal battle = 20-25fps
    - intense battle = 10-20fps

CPU: Intel C2D E6850 @ 3GHz (not overclocked).
    Memory: 8GB (not overclocked).
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 670 (not overclocked).

Does this EVER happen for anyone else, especially those with newer Intel CPUs, e.g. Intel i7 3930, 3960 or 3970? I'd hate to invest in upgrading my system and still suffer from this pernicious problem.
  2. Golgo13

I get the same problem but not as often. It happens at random times. Fps goes to 1 for 1-3 sec then back to normal. Playing on all low except textures on high and graphics quality on medium. I'm on a core 2 duo e6400 3ghz, gtx 560 ti 2gb vram, 4gb ram.
  3. Langeball

I have this exact problem, except I lag the entire fight no matter if it's one or multiple. Normally I have 20-60 fps, but the SECOND a fight starts/enemy appears I start lagging.