[Suggestion] Bunch of suggestions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zenanii, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Zenanii

Without further Ado:

ESF
    • Remove Rocket pods
    • Remove IRNV from nosegun
    • Make flares default equipment with 45 sec cooldown (certable down to 40/35/30/25)
    • Add new defensive slot cert "missile warning" that will add a hud indication of number and direction of incoming enemy missiles as well as sound for how close the closest one is.
    Giving esf a ground presence is the major screwup during Airside (pre-AA buff). Instead of having liberators nuke the ground and esf killing the enemy liberators, you had both the libs and their direct counter focus on the ground, and the air was the only thing that mattered.
    Even now, esf are way too good at doing everything, countering air, infantry and armor.
    Flares are already mandatory, giving them by default and removing the 100 cert "barrier" would greatly benefit new pilots.

Liberator
    • Reduce damage on Dalton/Zephyr/Shredder
    • Replace the current tailguns with a second Dalton/Zephyr/Shredder
    • Tweak firing angle for tail gunner to be able to hit more ground but less air
    I don't want to include any numbers, but a 3/3 lib with the suggested changes should be quite a bit stronger vs ground then it's current incarnation, at the cost of requiring a larger crew to fully operate. I've always felt that a 2/3 liberator had too much firepower between 2 people, and at the same time it was rarely worth bringing a tail gunner, it was much more profitable to just have the 3:rd person support from the ground or go elsewhere and be more useful while your gunner swapped between seats.

MBT
    • Greatly decrease the damage of the main cannon
    • Greatly increase the damage of secondary weapon
    • Make a 90 degrees blind spot behind the tank where neither main cannon nor gunner can aim (does not apply to deployed prowler)
    • Remove G40 Ranger and A30 Walker.
    1/2 MBT are a way too common sight, and are way too powerful by themselves. You are better of pulling 2 MBT rather then just crewing the ones you got. Would hopefully balance out tank numbers somewhat. Also note that most of the tank top guns are fairly specialized in either AT or AI. A problem with tanks is that, excluding the AT gun, the other main guns are way too effective at taking out both enemy armor as well as infantry in cover. This should be the main strong point of infantry, attacking from the shelter of buildings, forcing the tank into effective AT range to engage effectively.
    About the Ranger and Walker, the mobile AA role is already filled by the skyguard. I feel like giving AA guns to MBTs demotes teamwork and promotes lone-wolfing too much. If you do not have proper air or AA support you're screwed, the way it should be.
    I also want to make it more viable for infantry to flank smaller groups of tanks, but only if the tanks get close enough to allow them to do so. This is done to favor urban combat towards infantry more.

Lightning
    • Skyguard cost reduced to 500 cert
    Locking all viable AA options behind a 1k cert pricetag is a horrible practice, and was a big reason for why air was so dominant earlier

Sunderer
    • Greatly reduced cost and cooldown for sunderers spawned without the AMS
    • A deployed sunderer can no longer be repaired
    • A deployed sunderer now takes greatly reduced damage (disabled during both deploy and redeploy)
    • Deploy and redeploy time for sunderers increased greatly
    • Driver can't exit or swap seats in a sunderer during deployment
    First of, the AMS cert is wayyy to powerful not to take on every single sunderer. By having the AMS cert directly affect the respawn time, we might see some more battles sunderers, or mine sweeper sundies utilized as well.
    The deploy changes are because I feel like sunderers in their current state are way to flimsy. A 1/12 sunderer can charge straight into a defended enemy base, deploy, and spawn the entire faction zerg before defenders can get to it. On the flip-side, 2 LA or one engi can go ninja any sunderer blowing it up instantly, before the atackers have a chance to react.
    Instead of just rushing in with the sunderer, and then havign all the attackers racing to defend it/spawn asap while all the defenders just zerg it with all they got, I would like to see more tactical play. You deploy your sunderer in a safe area, where you know you can survive the full deployment time without getting blown up. You run with 12/12 sunderers and make sure you defend it until it is ready to spawn the rest of your faction.

Infantry
    • All lock-on weaponry removed
    • cert cost of second C4 reduced to 400
    • C4 now unlocks across both medic, HA, engineer and LA with the same cert upgrade.
    • C4 throw speed increased (to the current tank mines)
    • Tank mines throw speed decreased (to the current C4)
    The power of infantry should be when fighting in urban environment or close quarter. The earlier blind spot suggestion ties into this and the major C4 buff further hammer this point in.
    They should not, however, be a major threat to armor from long distance or in open fields. Neither should a tank be a threat to infantry using cover and buildings to their advantage. Tanks should be able to suppress enemy forces, forcing them to stay in cover while friendly forces cap the pints, killing enemies trying to advance past open fields. They should not be able to blindly shell windows and doors, raking in the kills.
    I also want to demote the effectiveness of offensive tank-mine throwing in favor of C4 (which makes sense)

Max
    • Burster cost reduced to 500 certs
    See Lighting changes

General
    • You can no longer capture areas that are not connected to your warpgate, even if you started the capture before being cut of
    • You can no longer capture areas that are connected to another area you control if that area in turn is not connected to your warpgate
    • For every minute an area you control is cut of from its warpgate, your respawn time in that base will increase.
    • Remove the 15-20 sec deployment time when redeploying
    Give a greater impact to counter play. You can stall a zerg by circling around them and completely cutting them of from their warpgate, completely shutting down any further advancements. Make it much more vital to stay connected to your warpgate. Introduce more tactical game play.
    Deploy change because /suicide being the most effective way to quickly relocate is stupid