Bulletin for solo, paired and small squad players in respect to proposed "lattice" system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Autarkis, Mar 2, 2013.

1. EliteEskimo

Higby is changing how we use maps, because in game maps were OP and needed to be nerfed?!:eek:

[IMG]
  2. OddChelsea

But what about the longitude?
    • Up x 4
  3. Tombombadil

Rofl, he's referring to the new lattice system. But I like latittude better, lets talk about the north-south coordinates of the map instead.
  4. gudman591

I say it will flourish. Wanna bet?
    • Up x 1
  5. Stew360

Biased Ps1 die hard are impossible to unblind they are in their own wold , thinking that everything that come from ps1 is like the word of god

its not the lattice systhem is LINEAR and is BAD to me compare to what Ps2 was suposed to be

Having a dynamics ressources systhem with a dynamics missions systhem was enough to make the flow of the game great , also the dimension of having a NON linear systhem like the idea ive put out many time was going to make the figth non stagnant over the same regions opver and over so the players could enjoy many figth locations and learn the map layout and experience new thing

The (( malorn )) unoriginal copy and paste of Ps1 systhem is just a JOKE , iam sorry it will make the figth stagnant in techplant biolab and ampstation All of those have almost the same design copy and pasted so basically we gonna figth over the same base over and over and over and over and over ...

Continents lock ? another stupid idea that make a continent impossible to use or play in for X amount of time this simply reduce the players possibility , if we ad 12 continents its no big deal since we are far to have enough player base to fill 12 continents we barely fill 1 and the other 2 are almost always empty ...

So yeah the only thing i could find nice about continent lock is locking indar so we can play elsewere for a while :D
  6. SgtScum

Changes in lattitude, changes in attitude.

7. Munq

Can you elaborate? Your opinion will have more meaning if you can tell people why you think this way through coherent post with evaluations and thought put in it. Pictures are great way to catch readers attention and tell a lot about your point of view.
  8. Sinoby

No it is not pointless, and the game will only become better.

See, I can make statements without any sort of explanation too.
  9. Ganelon

I can do that too.

If you honestly think that this system would actually be good for the game then you yourself are nothing more than a scoundrel and a ruffian.

And please, enlighten me how funneling the zerg through lanes and limiting the options for attack actually expands our tactical options?
  10. SgtScum

He asked first so you have to answer first. He can take his turn then. :p
  11. Jadith

Ohhh, I wanna try.....

Ummmm, ok. NC SCAT MAXES CAUSE CANCER!!!!!!

How did I do? Too far?
  12. OddChelsea

That is simply incorrect sir. They actually cause AIDS.
  13. gudman591

Are you one of... those that think "lanes" (colored hexes) are going to restrict you, in any way? That going out of them is instagib out-of bounds?
    This is not going to "funnel" the zerg, it's going to "funnel" battle flow. You're still free to approach an objective however you like. You would just have an actual objective to pursue, instead of deeming some arbitrary base "objective" and going there to pretty much ghost cap it.

System will not change anything. These "lanes" are already present in the game, they're already used. This lattice-like system is just a way to legitimate these "lanes".
  14. Ganelon

He didn't ask anything.

Yes and no.

Funneling the battle flow and funneling the zerg is the same thing.
  15. Sinoby

Actually not bad ;)
    So the point of my post was - OP, please try to back up your idea by some thoughts and conclusions.
  16. Fox234

You made the forum trifecta!

* Improper use of commas.
    * No proof to claims.
    * Misspelled lattice.
  17. DuckSauce

Goddamn COD and its lattice system. Every time I'm trying to TDM and swear at people over XBL, some punk comes in asking for an ANT run -- whatever that is.
    • Up x 1
  18. UberBonisseur

[IMG]

From PSU:
    Though the part about "small squads thriving" ignores that we have 5x the player count on a same map.
    • Up x 8
  19. gudman591

Can someone please shove this idea down their throats: MAKE A TEST SERVER AND LET US IN. Not everyone obviously. PS2 already feels like BETA at times (especially when there's a big update rolling in), so legalize that.
    • Up x 12
  20. Littleman

This didn't really need yet another thread.

*Sigh...*

Supporting zerg fights > supporting squad-on-squad play, both from a majority player standpoint AND a business standpoint. Get over it and suggest something that makes fighting away from the front line as a small team worthwhile. BESIDES taking undefended territory. No one likes responding to that (on account of the squad NEVER BOTHERING TO DEFEND THE CAP,) nor is it immediately detrimental/beneficial to the front line forces.
    • Up x 2