Bullet drop on VS Slugs

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Erendil, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Erendil

I just discovered in the PTS VR that VS shotguns equipped with slugs have severe bullet drop akin to the TR/NC slug guns.

I know that the lack of bullet drop on the VS shotguns gave them a distinct advantage and was rather unbalanced, but instead of buffing the TR and NC shotguns to bring them up to the level of the VS, - and giving TR/NC shotguns more faction-unique flavors in the process - they instead nerf VS shotguns and not only remove the only unique faction trait amongst the shotguns (JH excepted), but practically destroy a unique playstyle in the process.

I don't know when this change was put on the PTS, but please don't let this change go live. Instead of removing the no bullet drop advantage on yet another VS weapon and further watering down our unique faction feel, you should be adding more damage per slug/shot to the NC shotguns and higher RoF to the TR ones..
    • Up x 2
  2. Pikachu

I never felt they were overpowered. Well I never found anyone using them either.
  3. Gav7x

I agree, there is no reason to remove the no drop feature from the vs lasers
  4. Qaz

lol, really? seeing how VS traits like no bullet drop or increased mobility (expressed via .75 MS on LMGs) are apparently horribly OP, they should be scrapped. can we please get something else that competes with 25% increased mags on ars/carbines and 200 damage per shot weapons?
  5. Xebov

I didnt see that but thats realy bad. Shotguns are a weapon group that doesnt have empire specific stuff, they are all 1:1 copys. Slug Shotguns where the only weapons where VS actually had advantage from the Faction Trait since it doesnt matter much in most situations, yet sniping with them is dificult due to slow bullets. I realy dislike the change, they should have added faction specific stuff to the other Shotguns so we get out of the "all get exactly the same" corner.
  6. Worms

just like before Vs get their stuff nerf because bullet drop...... i would really rather have a bigger mag or a harder hitting weapon,
  7. Pikachu

Maybe this was an issue long ago before the nerf when pump slugs could deal good damage mid range.
  8. Flharfh

I don't think I've ever died to someone using a shotgun + slugs (except NC MAXs), but it is somewhat peculiar that NC and TR bonuses are smaller and faction wide, while the VS faction bonus of no bullet drop is narrowly powerful - big bonus with slugs and suppressors, otherwise not really. Not sure how to make this balanced but I get that its kind of unfair that VS are the only faction that can competitively use an infantry shotgun with slugs.
  9. Scientiarum

Just so you know (and everyone the **** else) the .75 ADS multiplier is NOT UNIQUE TO THE VS!!!!!!!! All 3 factions have EXACTLY 13 faction specific weapons with a 0.75 ADS multiplier. This myth that the .75 is a faction trait needs to stop because it is totally misleading.
    • Up x 3
  10. Baracuda

I actually support this nerf, if the VS get their faction trait on their shotguns, why don't the NC and TR get theirs? I'd love to run around with a 15rnd fastest firing shotgun or an insta-gib auto shotgun.
    • Up x 1
  11. teks

And why would you rather this over giving TR a couple extra rounds, and NC higher damage?
    • Up x 1
  12. Baracuda

Because why should one faction get the upper hand in something that others can not, even if it could be perceived as minor, is not balance. All shotguns are the same across all factions, damage, velocity, ammo cap., etc. Except the VS.
  13. eatcow0

tbh, slug ammo kinda sucked on vs shotguns to begin with. I had it for every shotgun and kept it equipped only for the thanatos and pandora. The other 3 perform worse imo with it.
  14. teks

So, if shotguns can't have faction flavor I take it you are also against faction flavor in general?
  15. Baracuda

I'm not against faction flavor, I am against faction flavor when in a specific category it (like shotguns) only one faction gets to have their benefit while the others do not.
    • Up x 3
  16. Erendil

Read teks's first post to you again. Here, let me quote it for you. :cool:

teks is asking why you prefer balancing the shotguns by removing the VS's no bullet drop rather than buffing the damage on NC shotguns and giving the TR more rounds (or my preference, a RoF boost).

I would much prefer that the VS keep their no bullet drop, then they give the NC shotguns a damage boost and the TR shotguns a RoF increase. That way, they're asymmetrically balanced, and they each have unique faction flavor as well.
    • Up x 1
  17. teks

Yep, if we can all agree that the shotguns are exact copies, and thats lame...

And we all agree that its unfair that the VS faction flavor is the only one that shines through...

Wouldn't it be more logical to fix both problems by adding the NC and TR flavors rather then remove the VS flavor?

Your solution not only ruins an element of the game for 1/3 of the playerbase, but it also doesn't add anything to the game for the other 2/3rds of players. That's a waste of time. This change isn't improving the game for anyone, and that is a problem. With only slightly more effort SOE could have made a lot of people happy.
  18. Rodinvac

Thing is, they are not exact copies: I'm guessing that to balance off the lack of drop, VS shotguns have a lower projectile speed than the other faction's equivalents.
    • Up x 1
  19. Chipay

You forgot to mention the part where VS shotguns have lower velocity, so they were worse and better, now they're just worse.
  20. Kociboss

As TR I must say that removal of bullet drop from slugs would be surprising.

Sure they are better than our counterparts but at least it makes them more distinctive.

Also, I don't see 9081230918312801 LAs camping with slugs 24/7 anyways.