BUGS of the test server

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Dead soldier, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Dead soldier

1.) Can't equip a suit slot. It quits and says Planetside 2 has encountered an error.
    2.) can't equip a utility and quits the say way.
    3.) allutum SE satelite says the spawn location is right under TI alloys but if u spawn, u spawn there.
    4.) Allutum SE satelite, I ran there as an infiltrator and hacked the vehicle consule. tried to spawn a flash but it wouldn't let me, didn't say i was in queue even after 5+ tries.
    5.) sometimes with the pump action shotgun reload, the person would reload would end but the animation wouldn't only if u swapped guns. I tried shooting, didn't work, tired ADS'ing, didn't work.

There are probably more so list them below please.
    • Up x 1
  2. EvilNinjadude

This this and always this. 1 and 2 kill the game for me. 5 and 3 are annoying, but not as important.

Fix loadouts!
  3. Dead soldier

Plz fix them, I want claymores and proximity mines
  4. LibertyRevolution

Test server is broken and they expect people to run ops on it, lol.
    • Up x 3
  5. LibertyRevolution

Well, I lasted 10mins, got to pull 2 flashes, 3rd time I went to pull a flash, it crashed that time accessing a terminal..

Your PTS is broken.. very, very, very broken. I would say unplayable.

Here is a suggestion to the DEVS... Put in only one new thing at a time and see what you break..
    Slapping all this new stuff onto the server at once is going to make your bug fixing job a nightmare.
    • Up x 4
  6. MistaN

You do realize that the whole point is to get data back so they can fix all of this right? Even the crashes help with the data that they get from you so they can see what to fix. Alpha/Beta/Test Server environment WILL be broken. We're supposed to test this stuff so they can work out the kinks before it goes live. Or would you rather them continue releasing huge bug ridden patches w/o having widespread testing?
  7. EvilNinjadude

You're missing his point, silly. The point is they're making small changes and adjustments and making other parts of the Game, UI or system completely unplayable (by making it prone to crashes). It's not that they're putting in something new that doesn't work right off the bat, we'd all understand THAT! It's that every new thing they put in breaks something else...

Examples: Vehicle Terminal colors, balls of light and facility capture sounds, and now all these new crashing problems.
  8. MistaN

Well it's not a test server for just one specific thing. We're testing all of those parts to make sure they work right and so they can iron out all those nasty bugs that make the game crash and act weird.
  9. Eugenitor

But we can't test things like base captures and how the game plays if we can't play the game.
  10. LibertyRevolution

I would rather them implement 1 change at a time and test it till it not borken...
    Then they can implement the next change.. and fix the issues that one causes..

I would rather sift through 100 lines of code for a bug than 10,000 lines...
  11. EvilNinjadude

The problem is that NONE of these problems were in before. And there is no tangible reason for most of them to have been added.
    But seriously, loadouts crashing due to a new UI? Were they doing ZERO testing in-house? Someone must have noticed this.

And the other problem (many people say) is that they should make sure we have a STABLE CLIENT before handing it out to people to test. Someone suggested jokingly that their in-house testing team is now on holiday now that they have us.
  12. Semelwise

Numbers 1 and 2 and also when i change to c4 as a medic the game crashes the same way.
  13. Radioactive Pirate

Crashes for me when I take ~3 steps into VR.
  14. Dead soldier

well now most is still fixed.