Buggy HP

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ruvan, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Ruvan

Buggy seems to be generally excellent on the test server. My one worry is that it doesn't seem to have enough HP for a 3 man vehicle. Yes, it's very quick and manoeuvrable but maybe not quick and manoeuvrable enough to avoid enough damage. Especially with the likes of Hades, Lancers, Strikers and the new MAX AV weapons which are/will likely be rather accurate.

From the front the effective HP seems to be roughly 4k. I don't know if that includes armour or not. The Harasser dies from two AV turret missiles or two Decimators to the front.

Air might also be a huge problem. A buggy being a 3 man vehicle should be nearly equal in power to a Liberator (bit less because it costs less resources), however, a Liberator will likely completely chew a buggy with a Tankbuster, Dalton or Shredder. One AA MAX (even a good one) is not enough to deter a good Liberator crew.

I'd like to see Buggy effective HP brought in line with the Lightning.
  2. WalrusJones

It has fairly powerful composite armor, if the description is to be trusted.
  3. Ruvan

Doesn't seem to be working yet at least from my tests. Even if that is the case - still needs a buff to default effective HP. The defence slot should be a choice. One option shouldn't stand out as a complete no-brainer.
  4. WalrusJones

Well..... Fully upgraded, it will take more C4 then an MBT, if it is to be trusted alongside your "4k health," predictions.
  5. Ruvan

C4 is nearly a non-issue for a buggy. It is a light assault vehicle and should never be still. The risk comes from accurate + damaging medium/long range weapons like I mentioned in OP.

Furthermore, it has a dedicated driver that can be constantly watching for C4 users. MBT drivers have to gun and drive, which is why they are vulnerable to C4.
    • Up x 2
  6. WalrusJones

You have a very narrow spectrum of view.

If it takes three bricks to kill a harrasser, then I can have my rumble seats guy strap us down with two bricks, and ram MBT's to kill them.... And live to tell the tale...
  7. Ruvan

Possible, but seems like a very high risk/low reward tactic. If the MBT does a little damage to you you will be likely be destroyed as well. Furthermore, even if you are successful it leaves you very vulnerable to being destroyed by something else.
  8. WalrusJones

Well, For TR we can shorten it to a single brick if you are willing to use the Vulcan to soften up a tank on the approach (45 rounds at a high level of magazine upgrades........ = 5600-2300 damage, or half to all of the the MBT's health.... More then enough to soften up an MBT to single c4 kill levels.)