(BUG) Under Barrel Grenade Launcher & Engineer Ammo Pack

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TokyoShoe, Dec 1, 2012.

1. TokyoShoe

ORIGINAL THREAD: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/bug-ammo-packs-grenade-launcher.57645/

TL;DR - The Engineer Ammo Packs are acting severely strange as of this morning, and they do not always reload Grenade Launcher or Carbine ammo for my Engineer's weapons. Repeatable issue, ends up locking your weapon with only one clip of ammo.. no reserve ammo.. and an empty Grenade Launcher. None of which will restock.

ORIGINAL THREAD CONTENTS:

As of this morning, I've got a new bug that is cropping up. I don't actually know if this is with the Ammo Pack or the Grenade Launcher so I'll just describe the situation in whole:

I am an Engineer with a TRAC-5 S as my standard weapon. I love the thing, wonderful weapons system. I've got tons of cert points in attachments for it as well, to round out functionality. IRNV Scope for night work, 6x Scope for long range harassment, and a 2x Reflex Scope for standard work / building to building fighting. I've got a Compensator for it (which DOES WORK, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It counters vertical recoil wonderfully) as well as a shiny new under barrel Grenade Launcher (GL).

This morning, a brand new problem has cropped up with the GL. It only carries two shots, one in the barrel and one backup. When you fire the round in the barrel, it normally reloads the backup round. When you are standing near a deployed Ammo Pack.. the backup round gets auto-restocked once it gets loaded into the chamber. Unfortunately as of this morning, this mechanism seem to be 'broken'. It make work one or two times, but then stops auto-restocking from the Ammo Pack. To make matters worse, if I fire all of the rounds in it (hitting 0/0 ammo count) then I get stuck with the GL and cannot swap out to another weapon. Hitting 1 or 3 does nothing and neither does use of the mouse wheel (which normally changes between weapons also).

This has cost me three lives and a small base capture as of this morning. Is it "game breaking"? No.. but it's quite aggravating to say the least and very much impacts the certification worth of the Grenade Launcher.

Has anyone else run across this bug?

UPDATE #1:
    Okay, this problem has now progressed into something even worse. It is directly affecting my Carbine ammo restocking, often getting me stuck at 40/64 instead of 40/200 like it should be for normal ammo count. The Ammo Packs have become extremely unreliable now as well as borderline unstable, glitching my weapon so that even a Resupply Station won't bring the max ammo count back up without a log out.

This needs to be hot fixed ASAP as it is directly impacting the core functionality of my Engineer.
  2. TokyoShoe

ALSO: I have a support ticket for this issue, have posted it in the class forums for Engineer AND I've even bug reported it in game. Now, I am mostly just curious if any other Engineers are seeing this behavior as of this morning.

I was part of some very fast and heavy base raids for hours last night, never had this issue until the wee hours of the morning. I woke up this morning and logged in, and the issue just started.

I do have video recorded in-game of this issue happening, and it is repeatable for me. I just... don't know where to FIND that video in game, so I can upload it to YouTube. Tips?
  3. TokyoShoe

Video is being uploaded to YouTube as we speak. It will be a couple of hours, but I will update the thread with a link to the video once it is posted and viewable.
  4. Zap-Robo

5. TokyoShoe

Pretty much the same thing I'm running across, but it will just stop replenishing ammo BEFORE I run out of ammo completely. I'll be sitting at 1/0 and it just will not reload that second round. What is even worse is that once this "stick" occurs, I can actually bug my Carbine's ammo into not replenishing either.

I don't think it is JUST the Grenade Launcher, I think it is the Ammo Package and how it interacts with the Grenade Launcher.
  6. TokyoShoe

Here is my recording of the issue. EXTREMELY buggy, actually affects my Carbine as well as my Grenade Launcher.
  7. TokyoShoe

I have a second video of this that I have taken where I empty out my Grenade Launcher (while standing on an ammo pack) and it sticks at 0/0. Once this happens, I can easily (and repeatedly) bug my Carbine into not replenishing ammo from the Ammo Pack anymore as well. I manage to bug my Carbine down to 40 / 64 ammo count (down from the normal 40 / 200) even while standing on an Ammo Package.

I will upload this second video tonight, to further illustrate this problem's severity.
  8. Wesir

I've had this happen to me, I had just assumed that the grenades not restocking was a limit so people couldn't spam it. Also noticed that sometimes the ammo pack will get glitched to where the cooldown won't start and the only way to fix it is logging out.
  9. TokyoShoe

I submitted this as a bug yesterday (the whole issue: not being able consistently restock the GL, the Carbine getting stuck with no ammo also, the works). Early this morning I got a real interesting response from Sony Support.

The big issue is... this isn't how it works. Once my GL hits 0/0 and won't restock, it will not restock from ANY ammo package, not just mine. If I go to another engineer's ammo pack, it is still stuck at 0 / 0. To make matters worse, the "ammo stop" ends up infecting my Carbine as well.
  10. Brian540

also have the same issue... just unlocked the grenade launcher attachment sometimes it will reload from an ammo pack others not.. this issue along with unable to launch turret or ammo pack... when these occur i usually lose number keys on my keyboard as well, can't change weapons with them only mouse wheel...
  11. 4GibMe

All the bugs everyone speaks of here have been known since the Beta testing. In fact they have improved, when you use to right click zoom, it would hyper zoom and flip the image up-side-down. Do believe there is a short vid here in the forums that shows it.

We all suffer the same reload problems with each having their small problems based around that.

One thing you can do when you get the weapons switch lock is hitting your B-key. Be careful not to hit it more then once, this is also your weapons firing mode button, hint, hint. Also switching to pistol then back to Main, 3 then 1, for some also works.

What I'm looking for, and haven't found yet, is some sort of work around that might unlock the (Reload from ammo drop) bug. It's like the game has stop recognizing that you have a Grenade Launcher, and can only be reset by going to a loud out Terminal. So if anyone knows anything, please share.

Don't expect a bug fix from Sony anytime soon. They were great Dev through the Beta, but as of release, they have changed in a negative way, sad really.
  12. FrankNStein

Well, it's not March, and No fix yet. I have submitted a bug report, and a support ticket also.
    My problems so far, are that I get "Duds" that don't explode or do any damage, and Whenever I reload from an Ammo Pack, I can't switch to anything but mines. I can only do that by scrolling the mouse wheel, I can't hit the Keyboard Shortcuts. I have also died several times, because I fire a Grenade and it doesn't do anything, even when I'm at a god distance, but then of course they shoot back but I can't switch to my carbine.

I have asked for a refund of the station cash I spent on the weapon since this has been going on since Beta and they know they are selling a defective product without advertising that before you buy it, and in-fact they advertise that it is functional, when they are fully aware that it's not.
  13. FrankNStein

I meant to say "It's now March"
  14. mrvincent

Same problem here !
  15. mrdetailer625

Same problem here