[BUG] Scythe rotary gun shooting blanks sometimes..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nerhesi, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Nerhesi

BR48, 50% of my kills are vehicle kills (most of which are ESFs and Libs).

After the patch, I've noticed that while heavily maneuvering and firing (strafing while turning, afterburning and maybe using verticle thrust) and firing my gun, I will actually be shooting blanks. This means ammunition will go down, but despite being anywhere between 10 to 100 meters of my target, who may be simply hovering, I will not get a hit marker and I will not get ANY tracers showing up.

Despite my many hours of play time, of which most has been in the air hunting other ESFs, I have NEVER noticed this pre-patch.
  2. BadLizzard

someone else posted a video of the Mossie doing this yesterday I think, it would be good if you could get a video of it though, I myself have not noticed that yet.
  3. Nerhesi

I wish I could but my in-game PS2 start recording video functionality doesn't seem to work...
  4. Kache

Noticed this while doing a reversal. The shots should have been hitting, but they weren't.
  5. Sinist

I can confirm that Moasquito does this as well.

Your clip will do no damage, not show any tracers, etc.

Then it may start working when you reload, halfway through the clip, pretty much at random. Sometimes it lasts for just a brief moment, other times you can mag dump a few clips and it still will happen.

Game is a mess right now. All kinds of weird lag, FPS drops, bugs, etc.