Bug Reporting Feature Request

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Degenatron, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Degenatron

Please add into the bug report an automatically generated coordinate stamp of our current location.

I always report terrain errors, and on a recent video stream Maggie said that we should give a rough idea of where we see the bug, but that can be extremely tricky. I actually have never done that. I always say "at this location" because I've assumed it would capture my location. I know from some of the Higby videos that the devs have the ability to console command a coordinate and go directly to the spot.

I hope that this is already in place, but if not could you please add it as either an automatic location stamp that gets added to the report when it's sent or a button in the UI for us to grab or current location and place it in the body of the report.

Thanks!
  2. Duvenel

I believe that they have the ability to either log or look up where we've been, it's part of the data that they used to change some of the terrain so that infantry could manoeuvre across terrain easier. So it may already be the case that they already get sent your position when you make a bug report, but I have no actual idea. Still it sounds like a good thing and might make it easier to create heatmaps and other data representations to identify location based bugs.