[BUG?] Problem with hacking?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Timeraider, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Timeraider

I hack a turret.. the guy in it gets trown out. The guy who gets trown out is both invisible as well as invinceble for 1 second. No way to kill a guy that came out of a turret and he shoots me..
    Before GU07 i never had this, (for example at http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hbWPrpXmECY#t=360s .. i hack the turret.. he comes out.. i shoot him)

Now after Gu07 it is like this.. i hack a turret.. wonder where the **** the guy is that came out.. get shot while an light assault loses his "stealth" or "rendering issue"..

wtf is going on with that?
  2. Ztiller

This have been a bug since, IIRC, GU5. Right now, you just gotta adapt to it. Sneak around to the front of the turret and hack from there. Don't even try to kill the guy inside of it. You wont succeed.
  3. Timeraider

thats just sad.. really sad.

Ofcourse bringing out 20 dollar pistols is much more important then changing/fixing this kinda stuff..
  4. Dr. Euthanasia

The reason that these people are invincible is because hit detection in this game is at least partially client-side. If someone isn't on your screen, your bullets won't touch them. It's also why you can kill someone and simultaneously die to them only to find that they have no health remaining on your death summary - while it's true that all guns fire projectiles in this game and it's technically possible for two bullets to be in midair before either shooter dies, the more likely result is simply lag. They shoot you five times before they see themselves die and you do the same, so you both die to each other and the server gives one of you a revenge bonus.
  5. Rohxer

Hack them.

Immediately jump in.

Jump out.

Then kill them because now they can't see you either.
  6. Timeraider

Hahahaha ok.. best response ever.

Use the games faults against itself.. great find sir, great find.