bug or feature?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by smurfinator, Feb 26, 2013.

1. smurfinator

I just played a couple of hours of crown defense and have a problem with hacked then destroyed turrets or terminals.

An infiltrator hacked the vehicle dispenser on the ground level and then destroyed it. For the next eon that seemed like an eternity but was only an eon the crown had no vehicle capability. An infiltrator cannot hack a destroyed terminal so it can be repaired... it cannot be repaired by an engineer?

Is this by design or is this a minor bug that will be overcome in the future.... please advise.
  2. tastyBerryPunch

I think that's a bug specific to the vehicle terminal at the Crown.
  3. smurfinator

Thanks for the reply but this happens to turrets and terminals in other locations as well. The only way to reset is to let another team take over the point and then take it back.... perhaps more effort than it needs to be..... lolz
  4. Zitroxious

hah good post, will try this next time :p
  5. Garzin

And then be banned for exploiting, because SOE does that kinda stuff...
  6. Darzok

It is a bug and one you would never be banned for using since there is no way to avoid it short of not hacking any thing for risk it will be destroyed and get you banned.
  7. tastyBerryPunch

Strange. I've only encountered it at the Crown. It's pretty annoying, if it happens elsewhere as well.
  8. Zotamedu

Luckily, the people who are handing out banns are smart enough to actually check if you did it on purpose. It's a pretty major difference if an infiltrator hacks something that a couple of minutes later gets blown up by a liberator vs. an infiltrator hacking something and then shooting it himself straight afterwards. One is not exploiting and the other is. Can you tell which one is which?
  9. Gisgo

Happens quite often and randomly, not only at the Crown.
  10. smurfinator

I don't see this as an exploit... the only issue is the lack of an undo.... infiltrators need to be able to hack destroyed turrets/terminals for engineers to fix. This would also add to the need to protect the perimeter guns at all locations.

Otherwise leaving as it is the situation remains an advantage for attackers.
  11. Duvenel

This was actually quite common, I think all the time actually, in the month or two after release. They seemed to have patched it before GU1 and inbetween GU2. But it seems to be back now.