[BUG] MagRiders shooting through base shields

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TokyoShoe, Dec 25, 2012.

1. TokyoShoe

MagRiders are able to shoot through the 'garage' area shields of Bio Labs, destroying any vehicles or players behind the shield in the process. This is a consistently repeatable bug that can be exploited by placing a MagRider just out of the shield's render range, firing their main tank gun and making slight adjustments until they start registering hits.

This bug gets consistently exploited by the Vanu on Mattherson, allowing them to constantly pick off our Sunderers that have been setup behind the garage shields. As far as my testing has shown, this cannot be reproduced with a Lightning tank or a Prowler. I don't have access to an NC Vanguard for testing but would be very curious to see if it is possible with one.

I only ever see this exploit used by a Vanu MagRider and have never witnessed it being employed by the NC and a Vanguard. PLEASE FIX THIS EXPLOIT, SOE!
  2. TokyoShoe

JUST FYI: If any developers are curious, I can show exactly which base this is the most easily tested at.. and from which exact spots the MagRiders sit in order to perform this exploit.
  3. Eyeklops

You sir are being an empire-ist. All empires can do this, not just Vanu. It's a render bug, no more, no less.
  4. DonnyD.

This is true, it is simply much harder to get hits with a weapon that has large amounts of bullet drop, like the lightning, vanguard and, prowler, in that situation due to angle of fire and such.
  5. Neovita

There is another Magrider Bug around, which makes Vanus able to shoot trough any shield!

If vanus are placing their Magriders right in front of the shield facing it with main gun and push the "w" button to drive forward, the tank will still be out of shield, BUT the maingun is getting trough the shield and is able to shoot anything behind it! After i did get killed by vanus several times like that in biolabs, i did a short test in an empty place and was able to shoot the infantry- and vehicle-terminals inside the hostile "garage" of a biolab and an amp station. So there is a magrider Bug around!
  6. DonnyD.

Again, ALL empire's have this bug. The hit box that the shield uses appears to be smaller then the length of the main cannon on every tank so the gun clips through the shield if you try.
  7. Neovita

Then explain me please why i was not able to repeat that with TR or NC during my tests?
  8. DonnyD.

Could not tell you as I was not there when you did it. The last sundy I pulled was killed this way by a vanguard not 3 hours ago.
  9. Neovita

That way or by using the ability of explosion radius to hit trough the walls and shields?
  10. DonnyD.

I saw the barrel of the tank in my face as I spawned on the sundy then I was dead and so was the sundy. This has been going on since early beta and is not new. When there was an NC base shield permanently stuck on peris you could not shoot through it with this method unless you were NC cause they owned the shield. Like I said the hit box that stops the tank from passing the shield is smaller then the length of the barrel so the barrel can pass through the shield if you are trying. The shield will push you back if you are not trying to drive through it. It seems like a VERY small increase to the size of the hit box on the tanks will fix this issue.

It can also be done with the TR and NC ESF and the front gun on the lib possibly the rear gun now as well since they moved it. As a note if you are not an AWESOME pilot you will crash trying this, no I cant pull it off.
  11. Neovita

Thats what i was asking you. You just did confirmed that you was not far enough away from the shield, so your enemy was maybe able to use the explosion radius to kill you and your sundy. (maybe he wasn't)

I am not saying, that other races are not able to shoot trough the shields (because there are to many things broken in this game). I am just saying, that i was not able to repeat that action using TR and NC tanks, but it was not a big deal with Magrider to do it again and again from several positions!

If there are the same issue with other tanks, then it need to be confirmed and fixed as soon as possible too. But at the moment there are only confirmations about Magriders on forums, so thats where SOE need to start. Feel free to submit the bugreport at other tanks (maybe all of them then?)

Dont think that i want to protect any race, just trying to be correct by using facts produced by tests and not any "maybe"- or "i feel it can be this way"-things
  12. Gaseous Snake

This barrier problem along with the explosives bypassing the infantry spawn barriers to kill everybody near the barrier on the inside.
  13. Dubious

What you do is:

You drive to the spot where this "bug" works
    There you push esc, click on support in lower left corner and report it as a bug, with an explanation
    Then they can test it on their dev server and make a fix for it
  14. bloodthorn1

bump, this is still happening