BUG/CHEATER: My sundy one shottied with rocket launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mr. Thoughtful, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Mr. Thoughtful

I had a deploy shield sundy that was deployed. It was in full health and one guy with rocket launcher took it out. Very questionable. I don't know if i can give out the player name here. Please let me know. I checked his stats. So many kills with launcher, but it reads there "killed by unknown." Obviously a cheater right? I am so frustrated right now. Someone needs to teach that guy a proper lesson on what happens when you cheat. I don't know. What are your thoughts on all of this? Any help? I reported him also, but doubt anything will come of that.
  2. breeje

you can report him and that's it
    if i say anything more this thread will get closed
  3. Lemposs

I haven't heard of a cheat that makes the RL OHK vehicles, especially sunderers that doesn't have any difference in its resistances.
  4. Daigons

We've observed all sorts of odd "cause of death" while in vehicles since the last patch. Everything from suicide to unknown damage when we actually were taken out by known forces. Personally I think you might be jumping the gun on tossing out hackusations. For all we know there might have been a few mines (unfriendly/friendly) mines toss under your Sundy and the missile launcher just detonated in the chain explosion.
  5. Mirta00

He's likely combo'ing the RL with C4, the latter of which has a habit of giving 'unknown' when detonated in a odd sequence.

That said, there was a guy in the past who was buffering damage in the game allowing him to OHK vehicles using the material rifle. So its possible.

Best bet is to play detective with someone recording him and see what happens. Shadowplay stalker detective. I've caught out a few this way, submitted video and now they are...gone.
  6. AZAN

Much more likely he was just setting off mines or had planted his C4.
  7. stalkish

A shielded sundy with the shield active absorbs all damage dealt to it in one go.
    So you could plant 100 c4 under it and as long as the shield was up it would not die, this shield would simply drop.

This is how i understand the sundy shield to work.
  8. Mirta00

I combo kill sundies all the time with RL/C4 and Vgrenade, receive tells about it quite a bit. Hence the perspective.

Deploy shield sundy is about as hard to take down as a wet paper bag. Providing its not guarded, which they seldom are. Its a wonder some people even bother equipping them with top guns at all.
  9. Sazukata

I'm pretty certain the deploy shield is simply a lot of extra HP. I've C-4'd a slightly weakened deploy shield and some of the damage carried over the sunderer.
  10. stalkish

Back when it released im sure this is what was said about it.
    And im sure i remember us putting about 20 mines under it to no effect.

A few years ago now tho so i'll have to do another test on it some time if i remember.
  11. Gundem

Well, it could be an extension of that old Archer hack that made it OHK everything...

Not saying it's not a witch hunt, but stuff like this has happened before.
  12. King_Shano

I commonly take down shielded sundy's solo, it's easy to make it seem like a one hit kill too.
    C4 on one side and shoot the other side with rockets, when the shield goes down throw an AV grenade and detonate C4.
    When the shield is getting attacked you don't get a warning your sunderer is under fire until it takes actual damage so with this tactic it gives the owner no time to react.
  13. Necidious

Yes, most likely your Sundy had C4 on it or near it when the rocket impacted. Happens.
  14. Gundem

lol'd at that signature 10/10
    • Up x 3
  15. Pat22

Nope, it's stayed the same since it was live. 6 bricks of C4 or 6 tanks mines will go right through the shield and kill the sundy in one hit.

I would know, I ran a squad specifically dedicated to C4ing sundies.
  16. Bumbil

If this would be the way it works, then it would state that the sundy shield is just some extra HP. But it is not.

Here you can read more about it.

And i didn't noticed anything changed about it since the shield sundy was pushed to live then.

So, yes, the shield absorbs burst damage, whatever it is intended or a bug, the report never got a statement by DBG.

Btw., some patches after the launch of the shield sundy, there was a bug where the shield regenerator of the medic placed near the sundy would instantly recharge the shield. It was totally impossible to even break the shield then, cause the shield recharge update rate or regenerating rate was so fast/high.

Best Regards
  17. Pat22

However the shield works, the fact remains that 6 bricks of C4 or 6 tank mines will kill it in one detonation.

The way I see it, even if the shield is broken, the damage still takes its resistance into account when bleeding onto the sunderer's HP. It doesn't fully block the burst, but it mitigates it a whole lot.
  18. Pat22

Alright, so it occurred to me that me and my squad might not have been perfectly quantum synchronized to detonate all our C4s at once, even though on more than one occasion whoever detonated first should have detonated all the bricks in a chain explosion, but I went onto VR to make sure I wasn't spewing ********.

I set my 4 bricks on the sunderer and added two tank mines to get that 6 and I did bring it down in the red and it burned to death in a second or two after that.
    It took a few tries as some of my C4 bricks seemed to be phasing into the sundy and I couldn't tell if they were there and detonated or if they ceased to exist.
    I also repeated the test with 5 tank mines beneath the sundy and one brick of C4 stuck to the bottom and also got a kill.

So the numbers may be a bit wonky, but now at least, I'll say 7 bricks of C4 or tank mines is a guaranteed kill on a deploy shield sundy.
  19. Daigons

Did you place all 5 tank mines in one location under the Sundy? I want to remember placing 2 tank mines in front and 3 tank mines in rear did the trick. You shoot the 2 tank mines in front to pop the Sundy shield and than grenade/shoot the rear ones to finish the job. I can check later tonight.
  20. Pat22

Oh, it takes less firepower if you detonate them separately. I was checking if you could do it in one blow.
    • Up x 1