Bug and/or exploit that allows someone to steal a base capture

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NotziMad, Jul 24, 2020.

1. NotziMad

There's been quite a few reports on these forums made by players who could not understand why their outfit did not get ownership of a base once it was captured.

I have personally replied to most of them explaining how the score board works and so on. I'm quite familiar with the system, I don't know how many bases I've captured for my outfit, but I've captured a lot, a lot..

Anyway, this happened to be me tonight. I had the most points, there was only 2 of us on teh base. I had kills, had scored, and by a huge margin, I'm talking 3k while teh other guy had like 400.

But he got the base.

____

It may not be intentional on his part, that's why it could be a bug, but realistically, if such a bug did exist, it is likely that there would be a way to exploit it.

And if there was a way to exploit it, it is likely that someone, somewhere will have figured it out. Hackers and cheaters are sometimes impressively ingenious.
  2. Tomket

Hi, w*f is with the score board? We (your outfit) coudn't capture base when we don't have the most score? First example is on the picture one (30.7. - 14:24).

[IMG]

Second picture (30.7. - 14:38), man who have the lowest score in scoreboard capture base?!?!? W%:!?F
    [IMG]

SO HOW THE F*CK IS WORKING CAPTURE BASE ?!?!
  3. NotziMad

That's different Tapp Waystation isn't really a base, there's no spawn for the enemy, no terminals, no turrets.

So there's no way for you to earn any points, unless of course enemies come to fight for it.

But that's not what happened, because all of you have 250 points. And those points are given for the capture of the base. (I'm pretty sure they are given to you after the ownership is attributed).

Meaning that you guys, during the 60 second timer didn't score any points at all.

the GMSY guys have 45 points, but you guys don't have 250, you have zero. I think that's how it works.

Anyway, that is specific to cases where there is no fighting, and no way to score points (since the tick for defending A doesn't count anymore, and there are no destructibles like turrets or generators).

If the score is tied, I don't know how the game awards ownership, maybe random, maybe first come, maybe last, I really don't know.

_____

Point is what your sharing is specific to this situation which is not most situations, because most situations, a person capturing a base will score points. Even in a ghost cap. He or she will destroy terminals, trigger generators, destroy turrets etc.
  4. TrojonKing 1st

Me and others reported an issue 2 month's ago like this, but in my case I had killed 1 taking point and two more defending point and got nothing. This kinda thing happened a few times. but since last up date I have not come a cross it again guess I've been lucky.