[Suggestion] Buffing the MAXes defense...

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

So as we have seen if you are on the test server or read some of the threads. The MAX abilities are getting a buff.

so KA5 from 13,333 to 16,000
    Nano from 15 seconds and 1% to 8 seconds and 1.5%
    And flak from 25% to 50%

so how about buff the health of the MAX. From 2000 to 3000.

with the default bullet resistance it would go up to 15,000 and with KA5 right now it would be 20,000 bullet resistance.

You would still die from 2 shots from a decimator. But you would take 3 hits from anything else. Plus you would still take damage from bullets (keeping the softies happy.)

Now I understand alot of you are going to push off my suggestion. Which is fine, just thought I would throw my opinion out there.
    • Up x 5
  2. Quiiliitiila

I'm all for beefing up the MAX units... We die FAR to quickly to just about EVERYTHING in this game.
    • Up x 4
  3. Goldy

Ya, I haven't really heard on what kind of revamp the MAXs' themselves are getting. Beyond additional weapons and abilities that should've been in the beginning of the game. :\
    • Up x 1
  4. Quiiliitiila

As far as I know and as far as most people on the test server has seen, they have not implemented any additional resistances for base MAX units. The values for the MAX suit slots (I.E. Nano regen, Kinetic and Flak) will be (are on the test server now) buffed considerably.
    • Up x 1
  5. Arkos

Please more toughness. Please. There are no words to express how badly I want that change....
    • Up x 1
  6. Rodek

I think the first step to increasing MAX durability without straight-up buffing health would be to remove the head shot vulnerability and place it on the MAX's back. That would increase survivability against small-arms considerably and reward players for flanking the enemy. It would also stop making me go deaf every time the head shot sound goes off.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ztiller

MAXes are way too cheap and too easily accessed to buff them right now. One MAX cost as much as one single block of C4.

We don't want MAXside 2.

If you want stronger MAXes, then you also need to make them more expensive and hard to get by.
  8. Dreadnaught Wrex

Well of course. We dont want to see MAXes around every corner. So say make the resource cost 300? Well to have a MAX that does well in anti infantry if you are TR or VS you need to spend at least 1000-2000 certs. Its a tricky thing.
    • Up x 2
  9. Quiiliitiila

I'm in the idea that MAX units should require a cert purchase to pull. No more MAX crashed where everyone just pulls a MAX for kicks, the people pulling MAX units should be the ones that want to and have spent a considerable amount of certs into it.

One of the reasons that the MAX unit is so much less powerful than the PS1 MAX (in terms of resistances and abilities) is because EVERYONE can pull one for a relatively low cost. Now, I don't think that the cost should be upped by much... Maybe another 100 or so?

Make it so not everyone and their mother can pull it without spending some certs into it and you'll cut down the spam. Cut down the spam and we may be on the right track to buff it without fountains of tears.
  10. Rodek

I don't think an increase in resource cost would cut it down by much. Resources are already too easy to come by. I'd say a certification cost or increasing the acquisition timer would have a greater effect.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dreadnaught Wrex

Make is so that you have to pay like, 1000-2000 certs to actually pull the MAX?
    • Up x 1
  12. Quiiliitiila

I'd be willing to throw 1000 certs to get the ability to pull a MAX, but I'm a 6 month member and gain certs rather quickly. We wouldn't want to alienate any F2P players who don't earn certs as fast as other people, but still want to play as a MAX. Perhaps 500 certs? That's large enough to deter people who only use the MAX to troll or crash, but not high enough to keep people away who'd like to get into the MAX class.

I suggest making a new thread for this discussion, we've moved past the old topic completely :p
    • Up x 1
  13. Dreadnaught Wrex

How about you make that thread. :p
  14. Souleater

Challenge....accepted. :D

I've started a thread and donned my flame proof hat.
  15. Dreadnaught Wrex

Where? I dont see it.

Nevermind, found it.
  16. Quiiliitiila

Beat me to it :p
  17. Souleater

Ah, sorry bored writing assignment project write up. I can delete the thread if you like.
  18. Goldy

I'm rather mixed. I get the idea, but it seems kind of odd to implement something like this in PS2's current state, seems like something that would have had to be put in at the very beginning of the game.

How about this; invest heavily into a class or vehicle, and be rewarded for that investment, for example:

vanilla max = ******.

heavy certed max = awesome.

I do remember SOE did say something akin to heavy certed things would have an increase cost to spawn to reflect that heavy cert investment. This was way back in the day though, perhaps one day.
    • Up x 1
  19. Paqu

Iam all about buffing the Max and Iam about to heavily cert my VS max, but one thing needs to go and thats the medics ability to revive a max.

Dead MAX should remain dead. Nothing annoys me more than seeing a Max being revived in couple seconds right after I managed to flank him, blind him with a flashbang and then killing him with the C4. Thats 175 resources and chances to success are very little to begin with.

They are very cheap to spawn already and since medics can pull them back to life over and over again dying in a max suit is hardly a loss in many cases.
  20. Dreadnaught Wrex

MAXes unlike every other unit that can be revived has a timer to counter that. They need to be revived within a minute or two of going down otherwise the revive option goes away.
    • Up x 1