[Suggestion] Buff the Skyguard.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DawnofWar11, May 14, 2015.

1. DawnofWar11

So, my wish is, that the Skyguard gets a buff. Why? There are multiple reasons. 1. Galaxies: They get new defensive slots, which could cause to have more Galaxies in the air (my opinion). This isn't a problem. However, if there are 2 repair Galaxies and two ammo Galaxies, things get sticky. Imagine they have Bulldogs to farm the infantry. This would be horrible. I know, the focus of firepower will be focussed on the Galaxies, but what if not enough player have the skills (dumbfire) to hit the aircrafts (Galaxies)? What if there aren't enough lockons? What if to less MAXes? 2. TTK: So, if the Skyguard got a buff, aircrafts are more likely to die. That makes sense. At the current state, you need 32 rounds to dump an ESF which is completly alright. (Data acquired from Wrel's video about Skyguards). You need 80 rounds to dump a Valkyrie, which is a little bit to much. Libs need 129 rounds, which is far too much, considering Tank Buster + Dalton/Zepher + Lib-Afterburner combo. And finally, a Galaxy needs 195 rounds from a Skyguard to die, which is also to much. I give you an example to explain what I mean with buffing: E.g. I buff JUST the flak damage (+20%), then I would buff an ESFs health by 20%. I wouldn't buff the Liberators health , and cut the Valkyries health so far, that one magazine is enough to dump a Valkyrie.
    Galaxies wouldn't get a buff, because that was intended with the Skyguards buff. (They will (?) have the possiblity to go in a convoi and support each other.) 3. Resistance: We all know, lot's of ground pounding is going on. I think it's to much, special example are Liberators. They kill everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, tanks, infantry, even aircrafts, I'm thinking about new players, who die a lot, they will think, "Hm, I getting pounded, let's stay in the safe spawn room", causing to lose soldiers. Also, imagine a tower fight, with tank zerg, and you finally got the possiblity to kill the tanks, in the next moment, a lot of your AV guys die, because of ground pounding and not having the tools/possiblity to fight back. I think, air is too superior compared to tanks, and I don't want a tank buff, I rather have a stronger tools to fight back, at the current state, a Lib will literally BUST everything. I hope devs look at ground to air game more, because you only have lockons and flak, I could also imagine a muzzle velocity buff and just a small (+10%) flak buff. Now, the Skyguard is not optimal enough, it shouldn't be a support tool, it deserves far more. Tell me your opinion about this AA platform.
  2. NinjaKirby

The OP Says:
    So, my wish is, that the Skyguard gets a buff. Why? There are multiple reasons.

1. Galaxies: They get new defensive slots, which could cause to have more Galaxies in the air (my opinion). This isn't a problem. However, if there are 2 repair Galaxies and two ammo Galaxies, things get sticky. Imagine they have Bulldogs to farm the infantry. This would be horrible.
    I know, the focus of firepower will be focussed on the Galaxies, but what if not enough player have the skills (dumbfire) to hit the aircrafts (Galaxies)? What if there aren't enough lockons? What if to less MAXes?

2. TTK: So, if the Skyguard got a buff, aircrafts are more likely to die. That makes sense. At the current state, you need 32 rounds to dump an ESF which is completly alright. (Data acquired from Wrel's video about Skyguards). You need 80 rounds to dump a Valkyrie, which is a little bit to much. Libs need 129 rounds, which is far too much, considering Tank Buster + Dalton/Zepher + Lib-Afterburner combo.
    And finally, a Galaxy needs 195 rounds from a Skyguard to die, which is also to much. I give you an example to explain what I mean with buffing: E.g. I buff JUST the flak damage (+20%), then I would buff an ESFs health by 20%. I wouldn't buff the Liberators health , and cut the Valkyries health so far, that one magazine is enough to dump a Valkyrie.
    Galaxies wouldn't get a buff, because that was intended with the Skyguards buff. (They will (?) have the possiblity to go in a convoi and support each other.)

3. Resistance: We all know, lot's of ground pounding is going on. I think it's to much, special example are Liberators. They kill everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, tanks, infantry, even aircrafts, I'm thinking about new players, who die a lot, they will think, "Hm, I getting pounded, let's stay in the safe spawn room", causing to lose soldiers.
    Also, imagine a tower fight, with tank zerg, and you finally got the possiblity to kill the tanks, in the next moment, a lot of your AV guys die, because of ground pounding and not having the tools/possiblity to fight back. I think, air is too superior compared to tanks, and I don't want a tank buff, I rather have a stronger tools to fight back, at the current state, a Lib will literally BUST everything.

I hope devs look at ground to air game more, because you only have lockons and flak, I could also imagine a muzzle velocity buff and just a small (+10%) flak buff.

Now, the Skyguard is not optimal enough, it shouldn't be a support tool, it deserves far more.

Tell me your opinion about this AA platform.

- - -

Honestly, I'm just trying to help others. I almost couldn't be bothered to read this because of the wall of text nature, so instead I skimmed it and made some paragraphing for others.

Friends still? :)
    • Up x 10
  3. Mad Hatter

Please stop asking to buff Skyguards. Flying my Galaxy has been very difficult lately with absurd amounts of AA everywhere. The real problem is of course that the Liberator Tank Buster/Dalton combo has always been disgustingly overpowered.

Address the real problem so us proper pilots aren't made to suffer more than we already are.
    • Up x 2
  4. lothbrook

As hatter said the problem is with liberators, skyguard dumps whole mag into a lib, not even burning, liberator dumps at least half a tank buster mag and a dalton round into the skyguard, dead in seconds. Doesn't even have to be a dalton either, the shredder and zephyr will do the same thing considering the ranges we're talking about here.

Basically think the skyguard should be made more deadly at closer ranges, maybe perhaps make the round hit as well as the explosion, and the round has dramatic drop off past 100m, like down to 10 damage or something out at 300m.
    • Up x 1
  5. Badname82

How about no? ESFs already melt to skyguards insanely fast, and galaxies are such an easy target as it is.

Tank Busters are the problem, and a blanket buff to skyguard is not the answer.
    • Up x 2
  6. Tululaboo

Honestly I can see all sides of the argument but how about a comprimise between two skyguards.
    >> First skyguard uses smaller caliber soft point ammunition for lite aircrafts.
    Basicly the vanilla skyguard that exists at the moment.

>> Second is a heavier version
    Increased S-A damage
    Slower velocity which would make it only effective on stationary or slower crafts such as galaxies
    Less munition/clip
    Less munition/reserve
    Slower firerate
    twin barrel

This is not a suggestion, just another way of looking at things.

Do not forget if using a skyguard, put on top armour plates.
  7. ExarRazor

if galaxies get that repair function, skyguard damage against them will HAVE to be buffed

as it is, you can have 3 galaxies sitting at flight ceiling, dropping never ending waves of infantry onto a base, and almost nothing can touch them.

now imagine if all three of those galaxies have the repair ability. they will, for all intents and purposes, be totally invincible. aa flax damage against them will have to go way up in order to balance that **** out
  8. Shiaari

They may need to consider adjusting the Galaxy's resistances after they implement these new defensive slot options, but the Skyguard itself is already very effective. If anything it needs its cone of fire tightened, and its range reduced. AA should be incapable of engaging air targets approaching render range. Basically, all AA needs to be adjusted in such a way that it becomes a strictly defensive weapon. If that ESF isn't in your hex, you shouldn't be able to hit it.
  9. JohnGalt36

Or just pull multiple Skyguards. You know, multiple people to kill the multiple people in the aircraft.

Coordinated fire, how does it work?
    • Up x 4
  10. Tululaboo

Its a good tactic to use if you can co-ordinate it. Playing random makes it a lot more difficult, I have only managed co-ordinated fire a few times playing random. It works like a dream but sadly only really helps out Squads/Platoons and Outfits.
  11. Badname82

You guys realize these mods will replace armor on those galaxies, right? How long does a galaxy without armor last against flak?

Last time I checked repair sundies aren't exactly invulnerable. The repair rate is about what, that of a single engineer? What makes people think this will be any different?
  12. JohnGalt36

Generally, when soloing, I will only pull a Skyguard if I have tons of cover to pop out from or I see others pull them. If I see someone pull a skyguard, I sometimes pull one and follow them around, just shooting at whatever they shoot at. It may be annoying for them because I can end up "kill stealing" a few times, but the other person and myself usually end up with twice as many kills anyway, because even Libs have a tough time against 2+ Skyguards.
  13. Yessme

O M G N O P E

AA is too OP.

Skyguard Shredder an ESF ( to time) in 3 Seconds? (if a Tank kill a Sundy in this time, here will be much treads with OP Tanks)
    With buff, it Shredder an ESF in 1 Second?

Skyguard Need a HARD nerf vs ESF and a Bulletdrop at 300 Meters.
    AA is too much OP and don`t Need a buff, it Need a nerf.

u guys know what Need a buff? Ur skill :/ thats all
    I will stop Playing if some AA take a buff.
  14. FBVanu

Skyguard is just fine the way it is now. It is a deterrent, NOT an aircraft buster.
    The job of the Skyguard is to get the enemy air to leave the area..
    those that don't get that message, will mostly die in their flying coffins.
    Let them fly off and repair, only to come back and either get rekt or almost die again.
    That's where there is special XP for air damage..
    When I'm in my Skyguard, I don't care about the kill.. my thought is:"yeah, run, run little pilot.. and don't come back".

We keep saying this, because it is still true: one Skyguard is a deterrent, two Skyguards are deadly, three Skyguards can make any hex a no-fly zone. The team work in this game also applies to Skyguards.
    • Up x 4
  15. Yessme

Killing an ESF in 3 Seconds isn`t deterrent

that`s what i am Say, skyguard is OP

Can u make with 3 MBT any hex no Sundy Zone?

It Need a Balance, AA is too strong vs ESF.
  16. DawnofWar11

So, I read all replies to my thread and I may reconsider some sayings.

1. Thanks for the skimming, NinjaKirby. ^^

2. Tightening of CoF could be very useful, I also like to see a muzzle velocity buff, 400 m/s are to less, I have to do A LOT of leading fighting against a target far away.

3. Well, I know that ESFs are vulnerable, but I'm flying just sometimes. But they're fast. They excel at their speed. So, a muzzle velocity buff to 600 m/s (too much?), would be nice, in my opinion.

4. I'm little afraid about the new defensive slots for Galaxies. Because, it would allow, to hang out at flight ceiling and just repair aircrafts and deliver ammo to other aircrafts. This wouldn't be the problem, Sunderers have the same role, but you can kill them easily. Taking out an aircraft at ~800m is almost impossible, except you have counterair. That's why I want a buff, or some small tweaks, to be a more effective deterrent or anti-air platform.

5. Well, Yessme convinced me rethinking my saying about a damage buff. So, I'd like to have resistance changes to Libs, Valks, and Gals, especially for Libs (these are crazy), because it takes far to long to dump them, deterrence against Libs are effective, but when they appear at your rear with a Tank Buster, you're done.

Thanks for feedback!
    • Up x 1
  17. Shadowomega

Well there is two things that would need to be done to buff the Skyguard.

1. Tighten the CoF, or push the Zeroing range out further.
    2. Increase Projectile velocity to 800 m/s from its low 300 m/s it is now.

Now one person said 3 Skygaurds are a no fly zone, that only applies to the low skill and no skill pilots as high skilled pilots will be able to fly in kill a couple people and bug out before the Skyguards respond. In cases were the skilled pilot know were the Skyguard is located and they have the right equipment those 3 Skyguards will be picked apart.
    • Up x 3
  18. ColonelChingles

The problem with Liberators and Galaxies is that they just have way too much HP for aircraft (which are supposed to be light enough to fly. HP is meant to represent how much damage a vehicle can take after their natural armor has negated incoming damage. Things that have redundant systems or are built out of heavy, durable materials would have more HP, while things built with speed and lightness in mind would have less.

MBTs have 4,000 HP and Lightnings have 3,000 HP. These are tanks, meant to be built in a fairly sturdy manner at a cost of speed. Weight in construction is not as big a deal for them, because they don't have to generate lift. Additionally, any round that does penetrate armor will have significantly reduced wounding potential.

ESFs and Valkyries have 3,000 HP, about the same as a Lightning. To me, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that a light aircraft is as structurally sound and can soak up as much damage as a light tank (which is, after all, a tank).

Liberators have 5,000 HP, which is even more HP than a MBT. No A2G attack aircraft I know of is built more sturdily than a MBT. Not the A-10, not the AH-64 attack helicopters, and definitely not an AC-130 gunship. That's just getting to levels of extreme ridiculousness.

Galaxies have 7,000 HP, over twice as much as a Lightning and close to twice as much as a MBT. It is the single healthiest unit in the game. This is in stark contrast to most large transport aircraft (C-130s or An-124s) which are extremely unarmored and easy to put down.

So aircraft HP does need to be toned down. ESFs and Valkyries should probably be closer to Harasser levels of durability (2,500 HP) instead of a Lightning. Liberators need to be far weaker in terms of HP than they are now... possibly just a little over a Lightning (3,500 HP). And Galaxies... they need to be heavily smacked down to below ESF levels as they really shouldn't be used in direct combat anyhow (2,000 HP).
    • Up x 1
  19. Yessme

ESFs and Valkyries have 3,000 HP,

Omg can u Guys PLZ stop Talking?

An ESF. HAVE only 1850 HP/ an vull certet HA have the Same HP
    PLZ close thread
  20. ColonelChingles

Well then buff armored vehicles so that they have 10,000+ HP.

There's no excuse for aircraft having the same HP values as actual tanks.
    • Up x 2