[Suggestion] Buff the MAX punch.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

Why not honestly? The range is extremely limited, a miss causes you to be extremely open, its an all or nothing moment. And you are in a exosuit.

I cant see why, for the life of me why a MAX punch only does 750 damage per hit. why not 1000 or 1200? this way they can one hit everyone besides shielded HAs.
    • Up x 11
  2. Flashtirade

Have ragdoll physics on a kill.
    • Up x 1
  3. ih8Darian

It's a lot faster than to kill infantry with AI max weapons than to max punch them twice, so I really wish they make it a OHK
    • Up x 1
  4. Van Dax

pfft sometimes instead of plinking away ineffectually I use max slaps and actually get kills.
  5. Quiiliitiila

Agreed, there NEEDS to be something done with the MAX punch. If it's going to stay so slow, why not make it a small AoE in a circle around you? Most people I miss with the puch are those that dance around me laughing as I slowly swing around trying to keep up...
  6. Dragonblood

yeah, killed a VS Max once by dancing around him at point blank range.....just couldn't hit me.
    • Up x 1
  7. Quiiliitiila

That could've been me :p I've been killed countless times while trying to melee dancers :p
  8. AuntLou42

You don't want it to be one hit kill that's for sure, you'll give me COD nightmares lol. Let's be reasonable and keep it under 1k damage.
  9. MaxDamage

Who has Auraxium MAX punch?
  10. Kroova

One of my buddies spent hours hunting lone burster MAXs until he managed to melee-dance one to death.... :D

I say make the punch more responsive or increase its damage. How are infantry trading blows with an armored exosuit? :confused:

Nvm, I know the answer: Nanites.
  11. Frosty The Pyro

the damage of the max punch doesnt bother me, its a pretty decent place, a 1 hit KO with the punch would be a bit much without some sort of sacrifice (for example tieing it to the suit slot or ability slot.

What I would like however is for it not to interupt the reload process. I mean the max doesnt reload with his hands, it obviously has automatic reloading mechinisms, so there is no real reason that should be interupted by punching someone in the face.
    • Up x 2
  12. Dreadnaught Wrex

Be reasonable? I'm sorry but MAXes are a target more than double the size of all other infantry. Men, in giant exosuits of armor. With heavy weapons mounted on the side. It sounds like some one is banging a 10 lb sledge hammer against steel with each step it takes. They are so heavy that they can't be supported by most vehicles. They swing with a very small arc a massive fist with a supposed several tons of force. Swinging and missing someone leaves the person wide open while they recover. Not only that, their fastest sprint speed is slower than any other classes, plus they take several seconds to reach that speed. If your safe zone on a MAX is point blank range, you should die if the MAX has the skill to hit you with his fist while you are hiding inside of him. MAXes are not cod players, they can't sprint around the map easily and they don't get knife assists from the system.

So please tell me, how it's unreasonable that a supposed walking tank which can be easily instagibbed should get a OHK melee attack that is insanely bad at hitting enemies? And how MAX are remotely close to CoD ****?
    • Up x 3
  13. Quiiliitiila

^That^

The SLOOOOOOOOW start up time and the LOOOOOONG recovery time make the punch as it is quite useless right now. It either needs to be an AoE or have the damage upped.
  14. AuntLou42

Yeah dude be reasonable. The MAX should be a slow defensive mech unit. Not a quick swipe and kill melee god suit. The whole direction Sony is taking the MAX suit is backwards. Your most defensive infantry unit shouldn't also be one of the most offensive. I could care less how you imagine a large metal fist hitting someone, it's a game not your wildest dreams. Once MAXes get their powers they will be the best infantry unit in the game by far and the community is going to start screaming nerf. Yet here we are trying the buff the melee damage of the thing? Really? Because your opinion of mech suit reality is a quick metal fist bashing someone's skull in? What next? MAX kick? It's a powerful mech unit sooooo why doesn't it just go around tearing everyone's limbs off?????? Thing is I LOVE the MAX and I want to keep it lovable. Let's not buff the crap out of it so it gets hit with a huge nerf bat and becomes unplayable.
  15. Dreadnaught Wrex

I feel as if you and me are playign a different game or something. MAXes are great at being offensive units. Have a MAX go into a room being support by 1 or 2 engineers and maybe a few HAs and you can easily clear a room full of 1-2 squads. And when do you ever use the MAX punch offensively? Ever. I only use it if they are at point blank range and I cant shoot them do to the dead zone issue. I swear from that response it seems you dont play the MAX. Which I am assuming I am wrong. But still. Also, dont use the slippery slope fallacy on me. Just because a I want a MAXes slow *** melee attack to be a OHK to infantry outside of a shielded HA doesnt mean I want them to start kicking something or single to just be plain OP. I am simply asking for the MAXes last ditch attempt to kill a pesky LA/Ha inside of your god damn body to be useful. Christ, with nanoweave they still wont be OHK'd if the MAX punch is 1000 damage.
  16. AuntLou42

All I said is not over 1000 and you said "why not 1000?" in your original post. We're not far off soooo why even debate about it? All I ask is not to make it OP. They are already adding our special abilities soon so there will be plenty of love outside of the melee attack.
  17. Dreadnaught Wrex

I dont see how it would be OP. Also, how is lockdown mode, nade launchers, crappy flamethrowers (hope they get fixed.), and faction rocket launchers going to effect melee? I fail to see how that is going to stop the shotgun whoring LA inside of my body. Just trying to get an understanding here.
  18. Tungsten

Why do you think abilities are a buff or that people even want them? And to repeat the MAX punch is not offensive it is defensive.
  19. AuntLou42

It will be OP when you raise the damage so much that people are literally just making MAX melee builds and running around MAX punching everyone.

All the added stuff in the revamp adds to the overall quality of the MAX class. You add too much and you'll make them too diverse in turn making them OP. Make a unit OP, people cry, Sony listens and hello nerf bat.

I didn't say "don't buff it" soooo let's not get all crazy against me just because you need someone to argue with.
  20. AuntLou42

Oh don't worry I don't think everyone wants them. I don't want the one they are giving VS, it's stupid. It's going to be most valuable when your not getting attacked and your just spamming something. It'll be most affective using AA. But pilots are going to scream when this happens. It'll all get nerfed except maybe NC's.