[Suggestion] Buff NSX Tanto Very Slightly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by netBattler, Jan 11, 2023.

1. netBattler

In my opinion the Vanu's Horizon (Which I have Auraxed) slightly outperforms the Tanto. They have the same fire rate, but the Horizon has a lower TTK within its maximum damage range because when all the pellets land, they deal 168 damage - and this is not hard to do within this range with the Horizon's attachments. The Tanto has the same max damage range, but has uncapped CoF bloom. The Horizon seems to have its hipfire CoF capped. In addition, the maximum damage of the Tanto is 1 tier lower than the Horizon. The Horizon also has a total minimum damage that is 1 tier higher than the Tanto.

Some of my ideas for a buff to the Tanto are as follows. If the devs picked any non-zero number of these, I would be super stoked.

• increase base maximum damage range of tanto by 10m
    • increase minimum damage to 125
    • increase maximum damage to 167
    • make reloads significantly faster
    • cap the CoF bloom
    • decrease base CoF bloom per shot
    Either that or make the other Doku empire-specific carbines be in the same performance class as the Horizon.
    The TR and NC Doku carbines have "normal" hipfire mechanics, with marginally better fire rates... with the NC carbine having a gimmicky drop to its barely better fire rate after 7 shots.
    What good is a marginally better fire rate, when the probability of landing shots with that rate is significantly lower?
  2. JibbaJabba

Laughs in Newton.

Tanto and Horizon already greatly outperform the gun that you have to grind to get. Y'know the one that's supposed to be designed for hipfire.
  3. netBattler

Maybe, but why not just cap the Newton's CoF bloom too then, since it starts with a non-zero CoF?

The thing about buffing the non-directive carbines is that everyone will be able to have them without a grind. I don't see why this is getting any negative sentiment at all, because it will be for everyone.

If we strictly talk about the Tanto, none of the changes I suggested are going to send the gun into god-tier territory unless literally all of them are applied at once.
  4. brutes359

an interesting suggestion. I dont often see mentions of carbines in the ever expanding discussion of weapon balance. I suppose though it shouldn't be surprising the NS weapons would underperform vanu weapons.
  5. netBattler

Still not understanding why any of the carbines I mentioned aren't getting love. I'm just one single regular player, so I understand the devs not being swayed by my singular opinion.

But maybe if everyone got on board with all factions' carbine sets having at least 1 hipfire king, we would get some traction. I don't see why not. Everyone would get it instead of just vanu having the sole undisputed hipfire king.
  6. netBattler

Fine nobody cares xD. I'll just play with the NC's Razor Carbine.