[Suggestion] Broken Crap: Shotguns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sir Nanigans, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Rendezvous

Maybe you are just bad? Post your character info and let's see what you're doing wrong. I know people who say the NC-14 BD is OP because they just stand still saying "SHOOT ME!"

I've never been killed by shotguns in this game outside of 10 meters. I don't know what you're doing wrong.
  2. Zaik

If you died to a shotgun outside 10m, it was a slug user. If you actually died to someone using slugs at a long *** range you might not want to sit still long enough for their recoil to have completely reset twice.
  3. AntiDemocide

Little reminder: CQC carbines have a TTK of 400ms vs 200ms for shotgun while being far more versatile.
  4. cfnz

Personally I'm not convinced that's a particularly good design but that might just be a matter of personal preference. I agree with your comments regarding the effective range, and given a choice I'd like to see shotguns get similar adjustments to what the Vulcan got in the last patch, reduce the point blank damage output and extend the effective range.

I'm not sure what to think about slugs.