Bring back "you killed/killed by" chat window messages.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arcanum, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Arcanum

I liked that feature. Bring it back, or make it optional if you think someone is going to mind. Upvote and bump if you agree with me.

If you don't understand I'm talking about the message that appeared in the chat window with the name of whoever you killed. Or whoever killed you.
    • Up x 22
  2. Dulu

But people were getting their feelings hurt by enemies taunting them after killing them.

We can't have hurt feelings in an FPS, can we?
  3. kill

Was that really the reason? If so, shame on you SOE.

Anyone played GW2? You can't even see the names of your enemies in that game never mind talking directly to them. What a boring, PC and soul less PVP system that was.
  4. AnnPerkins

thought it was a bug that that display wasn't showing up
    • Up x 1
  5. Sapare

bumb for approval
  6. Cyridius

It's still in the game. It's just really buggy and doesn't show up half the time.
  7. evansra

i hope it is still there for 2 reasons:
    1, As somone pointed out before it makes reporting hackers/cheaters much harder.
    2, Personaly if i accidentally tk somone i like to /tell them saying sorry and now i feel like a jerk :(
    • Up x 2
  8. Cl1mh4224rd

It's a bug. It still shows up for some characters, but not others.
    • Up x 3
  9. Talizzar

Gone from my screen since the GU2 patch.
  10. Eugenitor

I'm glad this is gone. It's kind of hard to follow a conversation constantly interrupted by killspam. Yes, yes, I KNOW I killed them, it's not worth making a line in the window over. My chat window is not Dead NC Storage.
  11. HadesR

Tis a bug nothing more it will be back ..
  12. Otulien

Gone after GU2. Bring it back SOE! There was nothing more satisfying than seeing the whole chatbox fill up with the names of the people you killed.
  13. Arcanum

Interesting. Bumping so hopefully SOE remembers to fix this sooner rather than later.
    This is why I said to make it optional in the OP.
  14. DankFist

It's a bug, and I think it relates to being in an outfit. Two of my characters are not in an outfit, both have Death messages. My TR, who is in an outfit, does not.
    • Up x 1
  15. SilentSalvo

I could be completely off base but from what I've experienced I still get the kill screen unless my target was far away. Sniping/being sniped long range or the random mine kill gets me the xp notice with no screen. CQC encounters I still see it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Arcanum

Last bump. Hopefully this will ensure SOE acknowledges this and fixes the bug soon.
  17. BuzWeaverPS2

You couldn't do it in EQ PVP or EQII PVP, so this isn't to surprising. It makes no difference to me. I don't recall anyone taunting me and if they did I'd just ignore it and keep on playing.
  18. Arcanum

It's a bug.
  19. Torok

combat chat please? mmopfs right? :3
    even only for kills

p.s. make this same thread in the suggestion section!
  20. CaptainYamerica

I used to send messages to people all the time that were funny like "Dude you made my butthole pucker" or "I can't believe I got that!" never taunting messages. Something tells me that's not the reason they got rid of it.