[Suggestion] Bring back the kill text.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mojo_man, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Mojo_man

Today while playing for a few hours, I've noticed that "You killed XXXXXXX" no longer appears in the chat log. I would like to ask if this can be re enabled through some in game settings? And if it can't be, I think it should be implemented again. Mostly for the purpose of apologizing. Whenever I kill a teammate on accident, I always like to give them a tell to say sorry. Now however, I can barely ever do that as the only way for me to see the name of them is in the small popup at the bottom of the screen that only lasts for a few seconds.

I was wondering if any of you thought the same?
    • Up x 6
  2. VexTheRaven

Absolutely yes.
  3. tonberry king

Yeh fully, and I like looking at the list of people I've killed in a row to see if I've got some dude back for getting me, sometimes I miss the kill screen up the top right and so not sure if I got my revenge or not. I also like to see how many I've killed before I died sometimes just as a matter of interest. Not sure if there's any other threads of this topic but seems silly to just drop it for no reason.
  4. Nocturnal7x

I don't know of anyone ever complaining about this, so why remove it? maybe it was an accident? Like how the removed volume adjustment next to peoples names when they'er talking lol.

Please bring these things back!
  5. treisinegomoh

is also strongly support this. The more information the better and even more better would be a optional solution via a chatlogßsettings switch.
  6. frankenroach

It was never removed, it's a bug. I had to relog a couple of times yesterday before the killfeed would show again. Been working fine all day/night.
  7. tonberry king

I just tried that but still getting no feed. Nothing's been mentioned about it, are you still getting the feed ok?
  8. frankenroach

Yeah, it's been working fine for me all day. I was just playing about an hour ago. There was one time yesterday where the killfeed wasn't showing, though. I had to relog again to get it back, I'm not really sure what causes it.
  9. santuckcasper

because throughout the history of games, the devs take away what we like, and keep or add things we hate
  10. LameFox

I lost this on my TR character but retained it on the NC one. Weird.