Bring back the Coaxial MG's on MBT's!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

They were in the Planetside 2 PC Beta(meaning all the models,balance,etc are already done and in the files) & the current MBT HUD still have parts designed for them.

MBT's need some love & to feel like MBT's again.

Also please give MBT's access to Bulldogs & Fury's aswell & Buff HEAT & HE to actually be useful/used.
    • Up x 7
  2. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 13
  3. Scr1nRusher

So........ many awesome things are in the files!!!!!!!!

DBG pls.
  4. FateJH

Lightnings need the coaxial. MBTs have secondary gunners to cover this kind of thing.
    • Up x 9
  5. Scr1nRusher

But MBT's are well MBT's.

They are supposed to be heavily armed & armored, especially more then a light tank.
    • Up x 4
  6. ColonelChingles

Why not... both? :D

Let MBTs choose between LMG/HMG coaxials.

Limit Lightnings to coaxial Kobalt LMGs.

And maybe an optional third slot for an extra roof-mounted LMG/HMG in MBTs? :)
    • Up x 9
  7. Scr1nRusher

That would be awesome.

Tanks would be tanks.
    • Up x 6
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

agreed.

MBTs need something to defend themselves against single infantrymen without wasting large and precious tank rounds. i know you shouldnt compare this to reallife, but a tank using an entire tank round for a single infantryman is not only overkill but outright inappropriate (the shell would deal too much damage or could ricochet or could miss entirely and hit something else, things modern militaries want to avoid)

i would gladly give up my zoom/nightvision/thermalvision for it if i was able to fire a low-damaging co-axial machine gun at a target via right mouse. in my eyes this is rather balanced because you would need to give up magnification and target highlighting for the main cannon and instead have a machine gun which is only effective up to mid-range. this could be a solid but still fair buff for tank players, something we haven't seen in a while from the devs.
    • Up x 9
  9. Pikachu

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 9
  10. Pelojian

Both MBTs and Lightnings need a coaxial kobalt, MBT would have the chocie of kobalt or basilisk.

AP and HEAT and Skyguard tanks can defend against infantry easier, HE tanks can shoot C4 fairies in the air with hot lead rather then just waiting for them to run out of fuel.
    • Up x 2
  11. Scr1nRusher

Can you tell/show people how heavily armed MBT's have been over the years?
  12. faemis

so um..are those new models..or scrapped ones?
  13. JohnGalt36

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. SupaFlea

if you gonna have a co-axle gunner you would have to take away the drivers ability to fire, same as PS1 dedicated driver, dedicated gunner after Tank driver cant do both :) would mean less base spam from solo tank drivers and more teamwork for tank crews. Driver would get more XP than it currently does to compensate
    • Up x 2
  15. Pikachu

Unused ones that have been in the files for ages. Just like all the Searhus props and textures.
    • Up x 1
  16. HAXTIME

I know you guys just want a coaxial Vulcan and get over with it. This game has so many wasted potential my heart bleeds.
    • Up x 1
  17. AshHill07

Yes please. Coaxial Kobolt would be great.

Only if they do this with every single vehicle that has a driver used weapon.
  18. Scr1nRusher

You would be able to switch between the main cannon & the Coaxial MG by pressing the "1" key again. It would be like Switching to a Underbarrel attachment on a weapon.
  19. Scr1nRusher

Also combined with Infantryside & the devs not wanting to hurt feelings........ its depressing.
    • Up x 3
  20. Pelojian

"oh hey lets suggest a buff for tanks" - OP

"oh hey instead of giving them a buff let's give them a poorly disguised nerf while the ESF can have dual piloted weapons"

Need to stop with the damned nerf tanks all the time mentality. infantry and aircraft are the prime farmer of infantry you want a game where vehicles are truely trivial? go play CoD.

I'm sick and tired of these sorts ruining the game because they can't be bothered to go buy and play CoD.
    • Up x 3