Bring Back F2P Passive Cert Gain

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorianOmega, Oct 2, 2014.

1. DorianOmega

Just reduce the amount given each day, I see absolutely no sound good reasoning to take away passive certs this late in the game's development in general for F2P's, this game is already enough of a grind as a new player as it is without being even more incentivized to spend money just to advance in level and unlock gear...

How about reducing the passive amount to 4 or 6 a day instead of completely forgoing the certs, it would definitely be a better decision for the community as a whole instead of completely removing them as it wouldn't look like you guys are trying to squeeze players to get a membership no where near as much; I understand you guys gotta make money (the homeless reference in the membership ranking on a players profile is getting annoying) but making this change almost 2 years after release is just not cool, should have done this during beta or very soon after release.

Plus how does completely taking away a feature rather then giving players a taste incentive's them to get said feature?; with passive certs players get a little taste from the passive certs, without it how will people be able to properly gauge how important passive certs are to begin with? Free samples > reading the description on the package....
    • Up x 1
  2. NinjaTurtle

Or
    Cert readjustment for new players (If the math is wrong please be gentle)
    BR 1 - BR 10 = 1 cert very 50xp
    This equates to 40,895xp or 818 certs as opposed to 390 certs

BR 11 - BR 20 = 1 cert every 75xp
    This equates to 201,208xp or 2682 certs as opposed to 804

BR 21+ = 1 cert every 250xp <------ default

A gain in the first ranks of 2306 more certs for the first 20 battle ranks, this will go a a long way

I am going to spam this in every relevant thread
    • Up x 2
  3. DQCraze

Just be a member. Its 50 cents a day.
  4. vsae

This should be a thing regardless of a passive cert gain.
  5. DQCraze

So your going to make switching factions and getting a c4 LA doable in a couple hours. No thanks.
  6. gigastar

Its 12 certs. You can earn most of this just by standing on a point during a base capture now.
  7. FateJH

I assume you are referring to membership?
  8. NinjaTurtle

No I am making the grind at the beginning easier for new players. One of the biggest problems with the game is the initial grind, this would mitigate it greatly.

Being able to cert into your class ability and get some med packs will massively help players in their survivability and make them feel as if they are not banging their head against a brick wall. Players will get the initial boost to their development helping them feel as if they are improving during the steep learning curve of the first few ranks
  9. DorianOmega

yes, it is the only thing to contrast being a F2P to, even just buying a helmet or gun and not membership is F2P.
  10. DorianOmega

Seems that people are finally catching on to this....