Briggs login issues MASSIVELY exascerbated since April 24 downtime

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Miskaton, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Miskaton

According to http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/...d_id=25&daterange=1397658116902,1398412500000 Briggs population has regularly peaked at 650 players during prime time. Following server downtime for maintenance on 24th of April however, the population during prime time on the 24th and 25th of April (tonight and last night) has peaked at about 350-400 on both nights. This is a 50% decrease from literally the day previously (as well as population trends going back months) and is a significant enough drop to be a MAJOR cause for alarm.

Although it's only been two days since the downtime, whatever was done during that patch has effectively halved the population of Briggs. 48+ fights on Indar during primetime are now a rarity. As I type this there are three 25-48 fights, two 12-24 fights and a handful of 1-12 fights scattered across Indar during primetime.

Planetside 2 has been good to me, and many others. We want to keep playing this game. It is gradually becoming impossible to do so. Briggs has one of the tightest communities in Planetside, and one of the strongest standards of play. In my time here I have met wonderful and terrible people, gamers who I've become fast friends with and others which have developed into long standing rivalries.

If Briggs players are not buying enough subscriptions or SC to justify keeping the servers at the capacity they have, tell us. If Smedley truly learnt anything from SWG, it should have been to listen to your playerbase and be honest with them. The players of Briggs will understand that SOE can't afford the servers any more, and I can almost guarantee subscriptions will rise. Don't let Briggs die, fix the servers.
    • Up x 5
  2. broderbund

I managed to log into Briggs a few minutes ago. It's eerily quiet, like the first few minutes after scheduled downtime. Essentially it's a ghost town apart from a few lifers and some pubs.
  3. Anorax

Right now it is 7pm AEST and once again I am watching a "LOGGING IN" text and nothing is happening when trying to log in to Briggs. Tried three times and still no joy. Yet somewhat unsurprisingly I can log in to Connery with no issues (which I just tried 5 mins ago).

So yeah I would say a percentage of Australian users have stopped bothering with Briggs since logging in to this server is still f u c k e d.

Well done SOE. Bravo!
    • Up x 2
  4. wombat999

i cant even login into briggs on the 25/4/14 @ 1930 and i have tryed at least mutliple times and i still also when i was playing on briggs the lag was crap and it is my main toon place now eu is going to my home until soe fix the fing problmes with briggs soe pick ur game up if keep it up briggs server will die pretty soon if aoe dont fix it quick smart
  5. Soxism

Just look at the Reddit. Its going nuts with complaints about Briggs.

Its (un)Official Briggs is a Ghost town. Mostly the last few weeks along with my whole Outfit we struggle to long onto Briggs. We've all been playing Connery Lately, and most of us cancelled our Subs until briggs is fixed.
  6. GotCerts

As of right now, 8:14 pm Sydney time. Successful login is 2%
  7. GotCerts

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. Lufeng

That is not freaking normal! There is virtually no body online... I may as well go play BF4 or something with these sorts of population. Get your **** into gear and fix this problem already! We are sick of it!
  9. KO-tic

worst part

is the silence that soe gives to us
    • Up x 1
  10. Vanguard 2

I am used to this Planetside 2 stopped working for me since the update on the 16th!!! I have survived over a week without PS2 and I am DYING to get back. Then again what's the point everyone says the game is getting ****ter and ****ter and now barely anyone can log on. SOE PS2 won't even last the 3 years you have intended it to be, let alone the prime goal of the game running until 2025. I can safely say with current issues, the game won't even make it through 2014. Might as well go play some other games now
  11. JumbaJuice

I doubt it's a money problem, it's probably a lack of care/knowledge on the situation.
  12. ScaryMan88

26/04/14

I did notice that you (Planet Side 2 Dev people) did maintenance on the Briggs Server last night.

But logging in is still taking forever and right now i can't get in at all.

So, now I've got to go and play with the bloody Americans (hey, you know what I am talking about). Yes, Australia has a small population and this issue is probably really low on your list of priorities but doesn't Sony pride itself on perfection (or , at least it did when Sony brought out the best damned walk-man in the 1980's).

Come on Sony, come on Japan, get this sorted out.

Sj.
  13. ScaryMan88

(EDIT) DarkSouls2 was released here yesterday (on PC).

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I am a Dark Souls true believer. I put in at least 200hrs (and three different play throughs) into this damned fine game. So to, its more of a life journey rather than a game. The geeks who play this entirely understand this.

But...I am holding off buying it because PlanetSide2 has restored my faith in the FPS genre.

SONY, do you really want me to reinstall Urban Terror and badmouth PS2 when ever it takes my fancy.

Sj.