[BUG] Briggs (AU) - Are there known issues?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Banick, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Banick

Without a doubt you blokes at SOE are aware of the issues we had previously for logging in. But it seems to me, and my fellow outfit comrades, that there is a mass amount of latency and drop-outs.

The latency seems to allow players to get kill shots around a wall (when you've made it to cover), it affects render distance in large fights (affecting Liberator/ESF strafing and Infiltrator/Long distance shooting), and overall there is always a lack of rego.

The drop-outs are an inconvenience, most noticeably on the Crown. The defenders all seem to drop connection, and we return to a spawn-camped and semi-capped base.

I'm told by those in the technical know-how of data-centre hosting that Australia's offerings are very poor in regards to bandwidth and quality. As a result our experiences of PS2 may be a far cry from our overseas brethren.

I can concur this is the case, because during my off-peak late night playing sessions on the US West servers, I do not 'feel' the lag nor have the random disconnections.

Are there any statistics on the back end that are noticeable to indicate the poor quality hosting? If so, could something be done to improve said experience for us. If not, could it be investigated.

I understand that the networking and back end of this game is enormous, and I'm not a professional. But I figure I should get my voice out there so that perhaps others can share their experiences here, and perhaps SOE can try to isolate any issues or give whomever is hosting, a swift kick up the bum if necessary.

Keep up the great work fellas.
  2. bPostal

It was down for MAINT according to PSU the other day...hopefully that ****'s been fixed and y'all can get a good experience outta the deal. I know it's hard enough just getting a server set up down there.
    Good Luck!