BREAK-OUT-OF-SPAWN-LOADOUT?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by actionpark, Jan 21, 2016.

1. actionpark

Simple question: Does anyone have a specific loadout for taking the lead and breaking out of a spawn-lock?
    Im not talking about 100% hopeless situations where you just get butchered no matter what, but for those times when you are out-popped and pinned down but STILL HAVE A CHANCE.

What do you guys do? I dont play MAX so don't suggest that, sorry..
    Share choice of class and setup please :) Maybe we could learn something from eachother?

My own idea im experimenting with lately:

Medic with shotgun, ASC, Medkits and HEAL-grenade.
    So from spawn - before i rush out, I throw down a HEAL grenade in the closest building/cover I want to reach. Then rush out and blast at enemies with shotgun, hopefully surving the potshots coming at me. If I reach my cover, my heal-grenade helps while i try and hold the new ground so team-mates can come after..
  2. SwornJupiter

Anything short of an organised push with a full squad/platoon typically won't do the job.
    In the event of a spawnlock, I normally pull an SMG-infiltrator to try and take out medic-engineer/Heavy Assault encampments around the spawnroom - trying to give my friendlies a bit of breathing room to push out. Of course, EMP grenades lead the way.

Oftentimes, however, using /re chat or proximity chat to rally your friendlies in the spawnroom has occasionally worked, but relies on the randoms to know what to do.
  3. Liewec123

as sworn said, its hard for one person to make a push,
    one thing i like to try (which will atleast wrack you up a ton of certs)
    is play an infiltrator with nano armour cloaking, adrenaline pump and mines, activate the cloak, rush into the enemy campers and BOOM!
    it might not be the best way to push for yourself, but it gives your allies a small window to make a move. :)

if you don't have the certs for that however, you can play engi with sticky nades and try to stick one of the spawn campers as they pop out, they'll carry your grenade back into the campers, giving you a window. :D
  4. FieldMarshall

If you are spawnlocked, you will probably die no matter what class/loadout you use.
    Though SMG infil with flak probably has the best chance at breaking out.

Here is (in my opinion) the best way to deal with spawnlocks, solo:
    -Redeploy to the closest friendly base.
    -Pull a Lightning with AP or a MBT with AP (stealth and maxed out reload speed helps).
    -"Sneak" towards the spawnlocked base and circle around it, checking all the popular AMS deploy spots.
    -Kill the enemy AMSs from range. And try to fend off other incoming enemy AMSs.
    -If there is still time. Enemies should start getting whittled down with nowhere to spawn, and friendlies can break out to retake the base.
    • Up x 1
  5. HadesR

Individual : EMP spam followed by SMG Infi

Group: Smoke spam ( While ultimately not that great it gives people a false sense of cover and safety and can make your allies push out )
  6. Demigan

Considering how the game works... This is a question that should have been asked since launch, but this is the first time ever I see this question.

As for "breakout" loadout, here's what you do:
    Spawn character in spawnroom.
    See you are spawncamped.
    Press U.
    Redeploy in the nearest base.
    Get a class and/or vehicle that suits you and try to break the spawn lock.
    *hint* Bring a Sunderer to a location nearby, this means your team has a new uncamped spawnpoint they can use to retaliate. If you fail to defend the base you already have an attack going to recapture it. Alternatively if you have a squad you can put a squad beacon nearby.
    If you can, gather a squad, friends or if all else fails some randoms and form an attack team. Spawncampers are usually tunnel-vision players and if you take out one side you can often open up the spawn again.
    *hint* The spawncampers still require Sunderers, destroy their AMS support while they are spawn-camping and you have a great chance of pushing back your enemies.

Ofcourse spawncamping is an end-game thing, when your base is overrun and the enemy has practically everything in his hands they will shell the spawn for cheap kills, so likely the base has a short capture timer and you won't be able to save the base even if you break the spawn lock. Best tactic I would advice is still the above: Get some spawnpoints up for your team to re-capture and blow up as much vehicles as you can, this gives teammates time to get a vehicle counter up and running and prevent your enemy setting up spawns at the next base.
  7. Azawarau

I just grab my engie and run for it

Swerve alot and plan to die a few times
  8. Gammit

Oh, well the smartest thing to do...

nevermind.