BR 100 and I still don't know the secret handshake

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Naejin, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Naejin

I know this game has lousy hit detection, but in my experience it seems to be more prevalent when dealing with BR 100 players, especially players from certain outfits. Seriously, I've watched Wrel's videos where he says it only takes 14 or so hits to take anyone down (excepting Maxes, of course) and I'm like, "Really?" The only time I can take someone down in 14 hits is in VR.

I'm currently using the Jaguar (because I only need 100+ more kills with it to auraxium it and get the Directive Carbine--and why oh why couldn't it have been some variant of the Lynx you bastages!) with a 40 round mag. I'll fire into some BR 100 Light Assault, or Medic, or Higby forbid, a Heavy--at point blank range, hit markers lighting up the screen, and if I manage to kill him I'm lucky if I have 12 rounds left in the mag. For you mathematically challenged, that means it took me 28 rounds to kill. Heck, even if I only hit him every other round at point blank that should be enough to kill. I even video captured some of my kills, and yep, the rounds are hitting. More often what happens is I put 20 or 30 rounds into one of these BR 100s and they turn around and insta-kill me, and I've only taken their sheilds half down.

Oh, and my Ping and Frame Rate are good.

Is there some secrect I don't know, because trust me it doesn't take them 28 rounds to kill me, even when I play heavy? It feels more like 2, or 8. Did I unknowingly outfit my weapons with marshmallow rounds? Did SOE fail to give me the handy dandy super BR 100 armour?

Oh well, if you're a BR 100 and you come across me in-game, just know I've got 40 rounds just for you. I'll be the one denting your sheilds.
    • Up x 5
  2. Jawarisin

Well I'm not 100 yet, but I spied on a few BR 100 a while back and found the secret hand shake. It consist in aiming at the head. Once you start doing that, 25 bullets takes down 3 person. THE SECRET IS REVEALED
    • Up x 2
  3. SerasVic

I think that you are keeping firing after the death of the guy.

What i mean by that is : you shoot until you see him dead or see the xp. The time it takes to you to see that and analyse that you need to stop shooting , you have 10+ rounds went away for nothing. This and some misses and you can easily go at 30 rounds for a kill.
    • Up x 6
  4. DrPapaPenguin

Ok, the shake goes like this : headbutt, kidney shot, kidney shot, takedown. T-bagging and yells of "Get rekt" optional.

Alternatively headshots.
    • Up x 7
  5. FateJH

6. MarkAntony

Had a look at your stats. enemy BR100s aren't your problem. Your aim is.
    You have accuracies on your automatic weapons as low as 11%. but even the 17% I saw a lot is low.

Maybe try to adjust your mouse sensitivity.maybe get a new mousepad and look up how to develop good aim in an FPS on youtube (there are guides) It has helped me.
    • Up x 1
  7. SerasVic

I'm BR 100 , not a good infantry player, but my weapons are at 25~ % accuracy. So yes if he is at 11% there is a problem here.
    • Up x 3
  8. Tommyp2006

Mouse sensitivity is certainly something to look at. Having it too high makes it hard to track enemies, too low and you need to exaggerate mouse movement too much to aim. You could also try out some mouse precision practice games online.

Another important thing to learn is memorizing the exact TTK of the weapon you are using. This allows you to not waste bullets while the death animation starts to play, which can be a large part of why you feel like you need so many shots to kill.

Other than that, just go for headshots as much as possible, it makes a massive difference. I don't know why I didn't aim for them for them until recently, but it's made a big difference.
    • Up x 2
  9. cruczi

It doesn't sound to me like a hit detection issue if this is what happens to you consistently. And if it only happens against BR100's, I don't see how it could be explained by anything else than their ability to dodge. It sounds like the hit markers you're seeing are only from the rounds that do actually hit, and they remain on screen for long enough relative to your weapon's ROF to give the impression that you're hitting more than you actually are hitting. In other words, you're hitting only about 30% at point blank if your opponent has 1000 hp and takes 28 rounds to kill, but you think you're hitting more than that.

Based on your stats, I'm going to make the educated guess that you probably use too high of a mouse sensitivity that doesn't let you track the opponent properly. Please post your in-game sensitivity values for general and aimed, and your mouse DPI (or the mouse make/model if you prefer).

Also, you said you've recorded video where this happens - could you post it on youtube and let us see?
    • Up x 1
  10. Klypto

Record and replay your gameplay in slow motion.
    • Up x 4
  11. Stormsinger

Personally, I recommend not attempting to shake hands with other BR 100s, we usually have ... substances on our hands. You never know what the other guy has been punching.

[IMG]

Yes, i'm this bored. Again. Weeee
    • Up x 3
  12. Naejin

I'll try adjusting my mouse sensitivity. As for accuracy I'm not sure why it's so low as generally I have no problem hitting and killing the opponent (it's just these BR 100s) I'm talking about. Maybe it's because I tend to fire at ESFs a lot. You'd be suprised at how many ESF kills you can get with a carbine if your rounds happen to be the last ones that hit it.)
  13. Bonom Denej

I'd say that 20% is the key number when accuracy is concerned (snipers and rocket launchers excluded) so yeah, 11% or even 17% is pretty damn low for a BR100 or any player actually.

The lowest accuracy I have is 17% on the NS-15M but I have only 48 kills with that weapon and still trying to get a good feel for it. 23% for my Aurax'd Orion, 25% for my NS-7 PDW for instance.
    • Up x 2
  14. Naejin

Cruczi -- thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I only recorded the gameplay for the purpose of actually seeing whether I really was hitting anything or not. Most shots landed (I counted 20 out of 23 in the instance I taped--although granted a few shots were in the leg.) I don't usually record stuff so I deleted it after I was done. I suppose I could do it again and post it...

Anyway, I play with a Mad Catz RAT 7, mid range DPI setting, ADS Mouse sensitivity at .25 or 25% or whatever it's rated as (not on my home computer at the moment).
  15. Sauce Sausage.

That happens to me too, my first character was on miller, because fagin "E.U" means "U.S" in spanish, so my ping was really bad, took me a full carabine clip to kill some one and my K/D is 1.
    Recently i create a new account on Connery, and my ping is fine, takes 15 bullets to kill someone and my K/D is 5.
    • Up x 2
  16. Konstantinn

My accuracy has improved a little since release, used to be 17-20 % now more like 20-23%. Not by much, but it was on its own, not due to hardware. Still using same mouse, PC, Monitor. Changed keyboard a while back, but it's pretty much same kind as old. This next patch is supposed to stabilize reflex sights a bit, it might improve a few % again (for everyone pretty much).

I think you're just overshooting, which is hard to judge, because computer doesn't update fast enough it's more of a feel thing. Sometimes when I see multiple targets I stop shooting one and switch to the other before I see them drop. Kind of anticipating them dying. Exp message seems to be quicker than the animation, I try to go off of that. It's a split second, but it makes a huge difference. Problem with going by feel is that you can make mistakes pretty easy and leave someone with a sliver of HP, while he's still just as dangerous. Hard hitting, slow shooting weapons are better in this case, because you can count how many rounds you put in the person, but even that isn't guaranteed because they may drop faster or slower depending on headshots.

It's easy to judge in very few cases where you manage to sneak up on stationary enemy from behind at close range. You can get very good aim, straight for their head, with most weapons it's a quick burst of like 5 rounds tops before you start scanning for other targets, no need to overshoot since you may need those rounds for next enemy before you get a chance to reload. Again, that's rare, and in most cases, just like you, I tend to overshoot by at least 5-10 bullets per kill on non-single shot weapons.

That actually might do the trick for you, try using single shot weapons for a while, where you have to tap the button, maybe a 2-3 round burst weapon? It might improve accuracy and maybe even prevent a lot of overkills. Won't do well until you get used to it, but some of these weapons are quite good.
    • Up x 1
  17. LibertyRevolution

He is right about this.

I rage quit over this death last night...
    • Up x 6
  18. Matt879

Hit detection, and the fact that most BR100's run maxed nanoweave on every class because by that point they're only interested in getting all the killz. A maxed nanoweave heavy + adrenaline shield has almost double your health if you're running any other class without nanoweave, so winning a gunfight is very difficult in that situation. Your best chance is going for headshots. It completely denies their nanoweave advantage and will half your TTK, problem is that they'll probably be going for headshots as well. I'd like to know the secret handshake as well to be honest, I recently hit BR 100 and any fully automatic weapon that I only started using recently I get about 30-35% accuracy with, and I also go for headshots. Yet usually they still seem to soak up bullets like a sponge while they one-hit me, maybe I'm doing something else wrong, or maybe it's my 20-30 fps in big fights (My accuracy improves massively in small fights where I get 60 fps)
    • Up x 1
  19. Naejin

Thanks for all the advice! To be honest I was expecting a lot more YOU SUCK, LEARN TO PLAY type answers.
    How refreshing!

Oh wait, they're probably not out of school yet. :/
  20. Naejin

Actually, overshooting makes a lot of sense. Putting an extra 5-10 rounds into an already dead opponent would no doubt drop my accuracy score a lot. (I was raised in the" shoot it til it's dead, and then some" school of infantry combat, which will no doubt stand me in good stead come the zombie apocalypse.)