[Suggestion] Bounty... bounty?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inseerlink, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Inseerlink

Well, first of all I was mislead during gameplay to think that whenever I was "placing a bounty" on someone that if someone kill that especific person, the killer would "claim the bounty", or is that so?

For whom else am I paying a bounty of 50 certs if not for the bounty hunter?? Does the bounty simply vanish and the killer get a mere 250xp?? Where does the certs go?? (100% NS proffit taxes??)

I don't really mind the price of the bounty since it does not mean that these certs simply vanished away!

The fact that someone need to die 2 times for a bounty could only mean that the (real) bounty would be divided by 2 (50 certs/2 kills= 25 certs each kill) for the bounty hunter(s), what still gives it some sense.
    However, having multiple bounties over your head should just mean that your head is being more valuable (like a real bounty works), and not that you need to die multiple times in order to clear the bounty from yourself. The way the system is right now is not really making any much good sense, sincerally (despite the fact that now the bounty target simply call a little more attention and maybe can get a bonus if ever enter in a kill streak). It is a GREAT waste of certs, and it could really really get some improvement over it.

Actually the bounty is a great idea:
    1 - It could even totally be used as a matter of gamble inside the game: if you place a bounty on a target, both the target start to receive increasing ammounts of bonus xp the longer the kill streak is, as much as the bounty placer would get a progressivelly small bonus ammount of xp the higher his bounty target threat got when it finally died.

2 - Or it could even simply be used as great mark at your target: if you manage to kill your own target, then you claim the bounty back + the extra xp; Another GREAT gamble + FUN.

3 - Don't like the idea of giving 100% of the certs back "for free" for the killer? Another way of using bounties as way of gambling could easilly be by changing the ammount of the % of certs returned for the claimer the longer the killstreak of the bounty target got after the bounty (i.e.: If the bounty target got a bounty mark of 25 certs/life, he now is valuing 1 cert/kill made by him + a starting value of 20 certs). By doing this the bounty target need at least 5 kills in one life in order to revenue 100% of the bounty certs cost (could easilly be tweaked for better balance). This way it is harder to exploit the reward bounty system.

But all that I am really asking here is to make the bounty... a bounty! 250 extra xp is not a bounty worth 25 certs, comon!
    • Up x 2
  2. Campagne

What about placing bounties on yourself? (With some limitations of course.)

"Gambling" a higher EXP return for greater risk.
    • Up x 1