BOOT CAMP!! Wipe that smile off yo face !!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SeniorChief, Dec 5, 2012.

1. SeniorChief

In the absence of a manual as of now .
    All Vets Should post there tips for the new kid here and tell all in game to go to the forums for info
    As a vet of beta and love the game there is a mass of information that I have gained through play and help from other players in game, BUT it is only a fraction of what I dont know so! here we go.

Anyone wishing to help and grow the game post your tips here as a reply .
    PLEASE lets not bash or trash and keep it simple. And remember some times what you assume as common knowledge is news to another so eveyone if its news to you others may not know it either!!
  2. SolLeks

If you are NC on connery, and join my outfit, I will be running a boot camp soon. more people should join outfits and vets should do the same thing =).
  3. SeniorChief

1. I am terran republic and do not know much about the other empires.
    If you want to kill players I dont recomend TR.
    NC drop me like a used condom!!
    VS will kill you before you know they are there!!
    TR strength is in numbers and organization as the history and back story tells.
    2. Basics:
    Build your certs!!!!!!
    If you can afford it build up your station cash balance and certs (+ a 100 at least 500 would be better) once you decide spend it on your specilty(-5 sp)
    Join a squad and an outfit!! they will help you level faster i. If it dosent meet your needs , or play style ,quit and join another
    Go to socials , Hover over the red area by your name and click leave
    Build friends list when you log in check all to see who is on and join up with them, outfit also.
    Watch the training vidieos a couple times, and go to the forums and read up on stuff , just enter your question in search box and see if get any results.
    Follow and fight at the squad and platoon waypoints, Remember TR strength is in numbers. follow orders!!!
    Game will be more fun and better play experience if you use in game voice buy a good mike and head set.
    By the time you type in your message you are dead and the person you are typing to will never see the message because he is watching the screen and action , Send messages and questions that are typed using /tell to a person and you will get a k on your screen when some one sends you one , right side, check it while you are dead waiting on timer.
    If you want to fly or be armor pratice pratice pratice
    I have given up on flying all together I never last more than a few minutes
    getting pretty good at commanding a tank, will do great when they add submarines to indar equipment, I can handle those!!!
    Some easy experience boost and cert gains
    When you spawn on a sunder select engineer, pop and repair the sunder and any neare by max and armor only takes a min less actually and great XP! then select your specialty.

Taking territory select an area that has the most adjacent empire controled areas this reduces the time to gain control of that area.
    Learn the Icons on the map and base arrangements.
    NOTE!!! MAX can not take over a control point they dont count , except to clear enemy troops and defend it from being retaken.
    Take over points are marked with an up arrow in a field of empire color these are for access to various things, the ones that count are the A B C ones in the facility
    Look at your screen if dimond shaped it needs to be taken and there may be some one ther watching!!
    NOTE> your screen will not show an enemy in an area they are in control of unless some one has placed a dart (INFILTRATOR stuff) or your vechicle is equiped with a sensor that must be purchased with cert points
    look at info area above mini map see the numbers below the control points the higher the number of bodies at the control point the faster the take over so dog pill them!! 1|6 takes forever and dont leave if it changes color stay there until you get the capture message or else you just wasted your time.

Well thats all for this training session catch The Berzerkers on twitch tv at SeniorchiefX dont know how good the stream is
    but know I am broadcasting

see you in game Seniorchief (bezerkers) Geunudine server

4. SeniorChief

Tks for the help May just make a nc on connery just to join your outfit.
    Just noticed you cant make opposing force on same server (couple days ago)
  5. SeniorChief

Metallideth

New
    Starting a new thread of tips for new/old players alike. PLEASE only post tips/controls and lets not get off topic.

/l = local chat (enemy can hear)
    /y = yell across multiple hexes (enemy can hear)
    /re = region talk (only empire within region can hear)
    /s = squad chat
    /p = platoon chat
    /o = outfit chat

• Shooting teammates is frowned upon, too much team damage (grief points) and your weapons will lock leaving you useless for some time. Please play nice with your empire for everyone's sake.
    • Medics, Heavy Assaults, Max's, have special abilities that can be used with the F key
    • Light Assaults can fly using the space bar
    • Pressing Insert will auto join you to a random squad
    • Pressing G tosses a grenade, this can be your friend or the bane of your team, use with caution.
    • Pressing P will take you to the squad menu where you can select a squad to join
    • To leave a squad press P and find your name click the red arrow to the right of your name to leave
    • Pressing M for map you can select Deploy to hot drop onto that location. Use with care, as of this post there is a 15 minute wait time before you can use again.
    • Pressing H will enlarge your mini map, very useful when flying/driving a vehicle
    • Pressing L will turn off/on headlights/lights. Please don't give away your empire's position, rockets seem to be attracted to them :p
    • Bases that you can't seem to get in because shields are in the way usually have another point of access via teleporters, jump pads (think quake 3 etc..), beam lifts (or whatever SOE is calling them), or simply hopping over the shield at tech plants via Light Assault.
    • Note generators can be taken down and drop shields* around the exterior and interior walls. To destroy one, stand next to one and hold E until it completes the circle. To stabilize one, get to it while it is blinking and making a warning sound and hold E until it completes the circle. **may also disable other objects in game in the future
    • SCU (Spawn Control Unit) when destroyed players can no longer spawn at that base. Destroyed same way as generators.
    • Generators & SCU's can be repaired by engineers (they take a while so cover them)
    New to the game?
    Check out Tips for new players

Spawn camped?
    Solution: Move spawn inside of the base, get rid of the spawn shields, make spawn tubes destroyable. Solves: tank spawn camping, infinite spawn camping via mana turrets (until spawners throw grenades), problem of defenders spawning too far off to defend base, slight addition to meta game/tactics

that or just throw a nade when you spawn
    Metallideth, Nov 21, 2012
  6. SolLeks

A few basics

~~~~~~ This is from a NC, I have not played the other factions much ~~~~~~~~~

Also, I am sorry if I say some of the same things SeniorChief has, as right now I am to lazy to read his large post (but will read in a bit).

1. Your mouse sensitivity is to high. 90% of the players playing any FPS will have their sensitivity set way to high, thats a fact.
    I personally have mine set like this, and this is a great starter point for any FPS

In windows ~ Mouse smoothing off, Mouse smoothing disablement program has been ran (win 7). in the mouse settings menu (ctrl panel -> mouse) I have mine set to the 6th bar (basically half way, Id say between 5 and 6 is good).

Mouse DPI -> 1800, Polling rate -> as high as it can go (my G500 - 10000 polling)

In game,

sensitivity -> 15
    Tanks -> like 50
    Air -> 68

2. Burst fire!

If baddie > 10 feet, Burst fire, If < 10 feet, Spray away

3. Aim for the head!

If baddie > 20 feet, go for the chest / shoulders for best hit chance and recoil will bring it to their head
    If baddie < 20 feet, go right for the head

4. Join a Outfit or Squad

Join a group, Playing this game solo is a great way to have a bad time after the first few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Few basic tips that can help anyone from the person who just got killed after dropping into enemy combat from the intro screen to the person who has been playing since beta.
  7. SolLeks

Insert also will hotdrop you on the squad leader, even if they are on another cont. (sometimes this does not work however. I have not yet figured out the details)
  8. SeniorChief