[Suggestion] Boost Cloaked Infiltrators Run Speed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

yes, its me again, this time asking for a buff. Is it needed? Not in the current state. Will it be needed with these implemented features? Yes.

Many people have been complaining about Infiltrators popping out of their cloak, murdering you instantly, and popping back in before you can even react. I suggest we give a delay to cloaking in recloaking, a second or less, probably.

To make up for this and give Infiltrator's cloak added usefulness, I suggest boosting cloaked infiltrators run speed. The cloak is made for them to be able to get in and get out stealthily. When things go wrong, they gotta run. Why not make them run faster when cloaked?

Do Infiltrators need a buff? No, not in this current state of the game. They can kill you instantly and cloak before you even know what just happened! I think that if we add a delay to counter this that being in cloak should be even more useful. I'd love a speed boost while I am in the cloak. It would help you be even more evasive and stealthy!

Comment below with a grain of salt.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scatterblak

I like it. Particularly with the new noSKILL CAM, which has largely obviated the benefits of seeking a good vantage point / cover, etc. This seems like a point of balance that would help address an inadvertent nerf created by the (embarrassingly poorly thought-out) noSKILL CAM.
  3. Scroffel5

Uh, actually it could have been a nerf directed to Infiltrators.... That is what the most of us think anyways. This seems fair though, right? Delay for cloaking + kill cam = boosted run speed for cloak. That seems like a good balance, like the scales are evenly weighted. You know where an infiltrator was? He is DEFINITELY not there still!(unless you like to stand straight up and snipe while standing on flat ground)
  4. OneShadowWarrior

how about no.
    • Up x 4
  5. Scroffel5

how about you give a reason why or why not instead of saying, "no more nerfs i am sick of them"?
  6. razklonitel

Remove invisibility from the game. I know you won't but i have to protest here before i uninstall the game and never give it another chance, there's simply no alternative for free to play shooter game, otherwise you're done! Game didnt chance since 2013, and thats very sad!
  7. iStalk

You're starting to become a meme for bad ideas.
  8. Scroffel5

Its funny, because no one is arguing their point or at least making a single sound argument as to why you shouldn't have buffed run speed while in cloak. The cloak does NOT help you attack. It may help you close to ground so that you can attack someone with the element of surprise, but once you are in the situation where you are attacking, it doesn't help you. You can't cloak mid-combat because if you do, your weapons lock and you can't fire. You can use that to ESCAPE a fight gone wrong, hoping they don't shoot you in the back, but you can't use it to attack in the same way that a Heavy Assault's overshield protects him from bullets, making him more survival, or how a Combat Medic can heal mid-combat to give him back some health, especially useful if you run Carapace.

A buff to run speed makes them more dangerous if they escape, instead of an easy shot to the back. You are already a bullet down.
  9. Pelojian

infiltrators already have the most effective sneak and run tool, they do not need a boost to run speed while cloaked, breaking LOS and cloaking is enough to evade enemies.

also this would just make infiltrators with OHK knives even worse.

you don't need a speed boost.
  10. Scroffel5

Breaking LOS and cloaking is NOT enough to evade enemies. It is only good enough to evade enemies if you were far enough away to outrun them anyways. If you are close, you both run at the same speed, so you get murdered when you run around a corner. you can play ring around the rosie with them sometimes, and try to juke them, but that isn't all that helpful if you can't kill them with your already poor CQC weapons.

That is a valid point about Infiltrators with OHK knives. I suggested something before to balance those, but I don't remember what it was.

Stalkers benefit less from the speedboost than Hunters, which, by the name, implies you should be hunting your prey. Speed helps that. Infiltrators are already a bullet down. I think they should have some sort of thing to help them escape, especially since that is what the cloak is for.

P.S. I remember now. I said that the OHK effect for knives should be deactivated if you cloak. You should have to turn it on after you uncloak, and it should make your knife harder to control.
  11. Scatterblak

Well, no. Infiltrators are more than snipers - in fact, snipers are only infiltrators because it didn't make sense to drop them into some other class. Killing people through a scope from several hundred feet away doesn't have much to do with infiltration. Stalkers, however, will spend quite a bit of time finding a bit of high/protected ground - the trees at TI, the superstructure outside the tech plants, etc. Before the noSKILL CAM, those spots were often good for 2 or 3 kills (or more, if the enemy didn't have anyone on the ball). Now, we get one shot or one knife, and then it's time to run around and find another spot. Coupled with the fact that at least one person now knows exactly where you were, it's a huge nerf for the inf in general, even though it doesn't affect snipers so much (at distance, there's very little context to relate the snipers surroundings with his actual location).
  12. Scroffel5

Noted. I say Snipers because of the Hunter cloak at range. Most snipers sit still to line up a shot, and without the kill cam, you wouldn't know exactly where they were when they killed you. When you die in close range, they were in the area. Stalkers can't sit in the same exact spot anymore. They just gotta move a few yards over. Thats why I say it has a big impact on snipers. After a kill, your hideout is shot. Need to find a new one or you gotta really fend them off. Only threat to a sniper from far range is battle rifles and snipers, so even if they know your general position, thats enough for them to be your biggest threat.

If they can look around in 360 degrees and they know that you are between 325 and 350, that's a big advantage, no matter the range.
  13. Movoza

But... why not buff their speed when uncloaked? You don't infiltrate by running into a base, cloaked or not, and this will give a nice tactical choice between running faster or obfuscation by cloaking.

Your current suggestion can be used outside of running away, giving you more options for attack or evasion. Besides, the second delay of cloaking won't matter in a lot of cases I think. If you decloak and require a recloak within a second, do you have the right strategy? Aren't you forcing the infiltrator into something it isn't designed for? I mean sure it is designed for short ranged guerrilla attacks, but all those weapons are things like SMG and possibly knives. They require either lone or un-watched targets, or can easily go close to a second to kill. So the effects of a second cloak will only benefit certain niche playstyles.
  14. Scroffel5

Want the honest answer? I... didn't think of that first. I guess most classes just have a perk for their ability and not for the actual class, so I thought it would be better to pair it with the cloaks than with the class. But I like where you are going with it.
  15. Skraggz

Just take adrenaline.
  16. Scroffel5

Thats. Not. The. Freaking. POINT! If you are going to get rid of the ability of instant cloaking and decloaking by adding a delay, I think it'd be nice to give Infiltrators speed. They should be the speedy stealthy class anyways. As Movoza said, it would make more sense for them to be faster when they are out of cloak. Now that I think about it, yeah, it would. Lore-wise, because of the cloak draining so much energy, when your cloak fails, it reroutes remaining energy to your legs so you can run faster. Something like that.

Sure, you can take adrenaline pump to get some minor speed to make yourself even faster, but that is besides the point. My point is that if you are going to nerf the Infiltrator in one way or another, whether by this post or not, lets have some speed. Or you could just buff them and give us speed. not opposed to either.