Black Friday Sale! Get 30% Off Station Cash!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Liewec123

after $oE stole from me during the anniversary i've decided not to spend another penny on this game.
    (until i receive the boosters that i paid a lot of money for.)
  2. 10thRMDredd

Dear SOE,

It seems the hordes are once again unhappy with your generosity.
    It appears that a lot of them want others to be unhappy towards the sale because it doesn't suit their personal expectations and isn't as high as previous sales, hence their emotional outpouring.
    They wish to somehow give you the impression that the market and themselves have the same opinion on the matter.
    Let me assure you that whilst the sale isn't particularly compelling, the vast majority of people that never ever post on any forum do appreciate any reduction. The argument that virtual items are free to make for a company is funny and a reflection of the intellectual and emotional variety of your customer base. However the add was very poorly written and a bit misleading. Late hours are hard on the old brain pan....I understand, but guaranteeing the public's perception was surely worth 5 minutes of an editor doing their job.

For comparison I spent $50 on world of tanks trying to get a Tiger (i still played a fair bit). Nope, I had to earn it and buy a whole bunch of crap that i didnt want. i even had to pay $ to have what would be the equivalent of my certs converted to universal applications.

Thank you SOE for the best game on the planet.
    Thank you SOE for your commitment to being vulnerable to the emotional vagaries of your customers.
    You guys can take a punch and keep on fighting.
    Respect...SOE.
    • Up x 1
  3. S7rudL

4. Juno

I think I will wait for something a bit more fruitful as well. I will get a little SC for Cyber Monday, but I got kids to shop for. :D
  5. willowstyle

same here, was waiting for 1 year...
    i bought 15 000sc last year for 100 euros, this time i wont.

give us our 3Xsc!
  6. crispyduck

What a drone.
    I like how you basically agree with the sale not being Black Friday worthy though.

The reason why people are feeling just a tad disappointed is because this is THE day of silly discounts, crazy deals, big sales, big queues, big profit, big spending. To sum it up: BIG NUMBERS.

Everyone's hopping around, anticipating all over each others' legs, hollering "Okay SOE, show us what you got! HERE WE GO!"

And amidst all this craziness there's SOE; soberly and unaffected by this jolly mood, putting up a single and modest, black-on-white sign with a very down-to-earth (and again), very modest discount of 30%.

30%.

30% is what you offer on minor holidays, when you break a small company record, as a promotion for when you release a new line of items. You know, to grease the wheels, make it easier for people to overcome their natural spending barrier. Marketing 101.

But offering 30% off on a well-known, (inter?)national day of shopping craze is the equivalent of going to a party but standing on the side and gingerly sipping a single beer for the rest of the evening while everyone else is shaking and bouncing and for once, doing something crazy.

Of course people will raise an eyebrow and wonder "that's all you did?"
    And can you blame them?

Anyway, fingers crossed for cyber monday, I mean I'd still like to drop 85 on some SC and I'm not asking for a triple sale but surely a double SC promo on Black Friday (of all days) isn't too much to ask? Or is the financial situation really that grim...
    • Up x 1
  7. AldoRaines

You guys are really crying a lot.
    I heard wally world is doing 2x for one for boxes of tissues.
  8. f0d

its funny how you can say this is disgusting but also say i dont have the right to be bitter on them for their performance during the anniversary event :confused:

anyways i dont like this 30% sale either but its up to sony what they want to do - it isnt a bug and it isnt gamebreaking so im not too worried about it
  9. Respones

Before that, I was thinking that I buy: SC on sale or Battlefield 4 with premium. I understand now that the new game better pair of guns in the old game. Thank you for helping to make a right decision ;)
  10. RonnieBoy

I've been waiting for a good 2x or 3x sale to drop some money on and stock up on SC. As someone outside the EU, I can only get SC directly from SoE, so no Walmart deals for me. If other developers reactions to Steam deals are anything to go by, the better the deal the more money they make in total. So I hope others show their displeasure at this "deal" and their internal metrics show that they'd make more with a better sale.

Speaking of Steam sales, and with no decent SC sale, means I have more money to drop on the Steam sales. So just got myself Skyrim and The Walking Dead to tide me over.
  11. Nahwel

THIS!!!
  12. Desann

Yeah I decided not to spend any more money on this game, unless prices dropped. I was hoping for crazy cheap deals on some in game items, then i might drop $15-$20 in SC and buy some stuff.

I flat out REFUSE to spend $5-$10 for cosmetic items in this game, especially ones that are restricted to 1 faction.

SONY....MAKE CAMOS/COSMETICS $.50-$1 EACH, THEN I WOULD BUY 10-20 ITEMS....OR GET NOTHING AT CURRENT PRICES.
  13. Powerslave

While you make a strong point, believe it or not, some of us do not live near a Walmart. Myself, for example. I live on an island, and have no way to get to a Wally World for less than a $70.00 ferry ticket, plus an hour drive. So, for me, this is a great deal! Although I have already spent around....$600.00, I have a problem, and will purchase more. Because I'm addicted. And that's okay! Isn't it? OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME! I CANT CONTROL MYSELF!
  14. Andy04

No sale SOE...........LOL.........love how you keep trying to milk us, I wouldn't mind if it was something usefull or a good deal but you have let me down way too much with this game and until HUGE change come to it, not just the performance..... Until then you get nothing. :)
  15. Stefan1978GER

I was waiting till Black Friday. Because Last Year i spent to much Euro(Dollar in Europe) without knowing about Tripple SC. So i was not happy with the 3xSC a few Days after my Purchase.

I prefer the 30% Deal! So it is very Easy to save my Money, and it will not Facepalm the SCowner who bought SC during the Year.

Sorry for my bad English.
  16. n33fmaster+

So everyone's pissed because the 30% sale isn't good enough for them, yet when Gamestop has 1500 cards for $5 off, basically the same thing, stop everything and get there because it's such a deal!! lol. Either buy it or don't, big deal. The more you buy the more you'll just blow on useless **** anyway.
  17. Amarsir

Right on.

The point of a sale is because it makes money for the seller. The mantra of the salesman is "Always Be Closing". And that's what a promotional sale does: get people to go from "might buy later" to "definitely buying now". A big sale can even motivate a buying frenzy and shift customers from "probably won't" to "yeah what the heck".

What they've done here is no catalyst for anyone within reach of Walmart. (Which admittedly isn't everyone, but covers a lot.) And as you can see, the emotional reaction has actually gone against them. So regardless of what I personally want or feel, it just doesn't come off like a very clever move.
  18. GoodFight

Anyone else do what I did and come back here closer to Black Friday to see if the real Black Friday deal showed up yet? ;-)

(Also, the point of the GameStop sale (33% off normal) was to buy the rights to compound points during a better sale. The Black Friday 30% thing is on final SC point conversion only. Hardly the same orange.)
  19. Andy04

Thank you for sucking satans ****, now send in mc hammer on your way out.....
  20. n33fmaster+

It's exactly the same orange when the 2x or 3x days are essentially a myth at this point. Been a long time since with nothing in sight, ain't waiting months or a year in case it happens again. Rather just play the game.