Bio Lab + MAX = Domination [VIDEO]

Discussion in 'MAX' started by AccelPrime, Mar 9, 2013.

1. AccelPrime

Just a recap of an awesome session I had last night, figured i'd share if anyone was interested in some casual MAX gameplay ;)

PS
    Before any hate ensues, i'm primarily VS, and my Vanu MAX has 4K+ certs put into it :p. Having said that, I don't think NC MAX units are OP, I just think that VS/TR needs a slight buff to compete with the NC MAX units performance in general.
    • Up x 2
  2. freeze

not broken at all ;)
    • Up x 2
  3. AccelPrime

Read my very short post scriptum :). I don't the NC MAX units are broken, I do however think TR/VS needs slightly more firepower :). Don't forget that slugs have been hit pretty hard.
  4. freeze

I've read it :)

I still think it's broken...

now imagine the following:
    they said they're gonna re-implement implants... just think about what happens when we get the reload implants from beta back?
    NC MAXs will be even more broken...

I don't wanna argue here... I have my opinion and I don't really care whether someone agrees or not. :)
  5. Tungsten

You have a habit of jumping. Is that something leftover from playing LA?
  6. Anvildude

Oh, wow. So that's what it's like to have a MAX with 2 Infantry-spec weapons.

You know, it just occured to me- perhaps the issue with Vanu and TR MAXes isn't one of hard statistics and ability, but rather one of aesthetic? NC MAXes are big hulking chunks of metal that you feel safe hiding behind, while TR and Vanu are sleeker and more curved- less like walls and more like boosted infantry. So Engineers on the NC team see one of their MAXes and think "Hey, there's a Vehicle! Let's hide behind it and repair while it's fighting!" While the TR and Vanu Engineers think "Hey, there's an infantryman! Let's give them a Brobox and leave!"
    • Up x 1
  7. AccelPrime

It could just be in my head, or the hitbox for MAX units gets funky when you jump. In other words, you'll take less damage ;). Jumping saves me literally dozens of times each and every game session, as rockets either go through me, or slither between my toes :rolleyes:.

I've looked at the facts, and I think NC MAX units are fine, while TR/VS needs either higher ROF or higher damage.
    I mean, if you walk around a corner and you find a HA with a shotgun, you're very likely to die. If you're playing as a TR/VS MAX and you find an NC MAX with dual AI within a 5m radius, you're also very likely to die. Shotguns hurt pretty bad at close range.

I'm certain that if TR/VS was given shotguns for the MAX class, we'd still be using our Mercy's/Comos'. While they're not UBERgood at close range, they can perform great both up close and at medium range, something a shotgun can't. They offer a less restricted playstyle, and are likely to make you a better overall player.

When I roll my VS/TR MAX I still destroy NC MAX units. If I find one up close, I do a 180 degree turn, Charge, and then engage them at a further distance. When they're low on HP, i get closer and finish them off :p.
  8. Tungsten

I also jump when i think a heavy is about to fire a rocket but i from what i can see in your video trying to break your hitbox is hurting you more than it is helping.
  9. AccelPrime

What I forgot to say was that constantly moving obscures your opponents aim. Jumping with a MAX looks especially violent and aggressive, further making it harder for your opponent to engage you properly.

I think it definitely helps more than it does damage to me, as I had another NC MAX session an hour ago and went 328/12 with 34.8K Score/hr :). I kept on jumping as if I was on a trampoline until the very end :p.
  10. Tungsten

Since you use boosts i don't how much that means but from your video you went about 2 kills a minute.
  11. AccelPrime

Yep, 2 kills/minute is about right. With scatters however, you'll get 2-3x as many kill assists (dat spread) ;).
  12. the pestimist

just the NC maxes natural habitat.
  13. irishroy

flakarmor or kineticarmor?
  14. AccelPrime

Flak Armor 4 currently, as it allows you to survive the blow of one c4. Depending on the situation I sometimes switch to kinetic armor. If you have any further interest in the subject, i've got a video on my channel that explains both kinetic & flak armor in great depth ;).
  15. Purg

Ain't that the truth.

Kills: 7137.
    Assists: 4146.
  16. AccelPrime

17. Purg

It's the first thing I do when I see a rocket coming towards me (which is quite often) and I have no cover. Maybe it's just bollocks but it feels like it actually does less damage if it hits or splashes and you have a far greater chance of it missing. More than one occasion have had a rocket that was coming right for me, a jump at the last moment and lost 4 bars of health - normally it would have been all but 4 bars of health.
  18. Purg

That's exceptionally impressive. Mine's probably due to slugs and maintaining more of a standoff range as well as using Hacksaw which have a significantly larger spread than Scattercannon at range. Infantry at 20m will probably live with Hacksaw where they probably won't with Scattercannon.

Slugs - due to their inaccuracy you'll often get a couple of hits on a target but someone else will clean them up. :(
  19. AccelPrime

Yeah, Hacksaws & slugs don't mix too well. I'm even on the fence whether I should get slugs for my Scattercannons. Mattock is the best option if you want to run slugs, but I really don't want to grind another 1k certs for the ext. mags. I'll probably just get slugs for my Scatters and hope for the best :p.
  20. Purg

I don't slug my Hacksaws - tried a few times and it just isn't worth it, despite what all the TR and VS MAX players who constantly put up the video of a Hacksaw MAX killing a target with 24 slugs at 50m and screaming OP about it.

I actually slug both my Scatters and my Mattock. Currently using Mattock. Once the VR arena is here, I'll objectively test it to see if there's actually a difference. To be honest, I don't notice a difference between one or the other but my stats appear to give a little more of a nod to my Scatters.